Reaction score
Miles Austin, Cowboys
Austin missed practice on Wednesday, giving his hamstring more time to heal. (He'll get even more extra time with the Sunday night game.) He did participate in some of practice, but sources tell me that the leg tightens up under heavy load and that even if he plays, he'll be very limited. That's bad for Austin, who went very high in most drafts, but should help Dez Bryant and Jason Witten, who will absorb some of those targets. Tony Romo likes throwing to Austin, but Austin's strength is the deep ball and those dropped off under Jon Kitna. You'll need to back Austin with a Monday player just in case you have to make a last-second move.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ntasy-medical-report/index.html#ixzz1XOzbwl5J

Reaction score
Miles Austin still limited and newly signed receiver Laurent Robinson suffered hamstring injury

Receiver Miles Austin was again limited in practice with a hamstring injury that kept him out of the last three preseason games.

The Cowboys are hopeful he will be able to play on Sunday but his situation was such a concern that theteam decided to sign receiver Laurent Robinson as insurance.

That policy now needs a policy as Robinson, signed on Wednesday, missed practice on Thursday with a hamstring injury.

His status for Sunday is unknown.

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...-suffered-hamstring-injury.html#ixzz1XP0XmAHF

Reaction score
Playing Catch-up
Austin Limited; Says Hamstring's OK
Rob Phillips
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

IRVING, Texas – Wide receiver Miles Austin (hamstring) went through a limited portion of practice Wednesday for the second time this week, but says he's feeling good as Sunday's season opener at the Jets approaches.

Austin missed the final three preseason games; including the Sept. 1 finale in which most starters sat – due to a sore hamstring that he re-tweaked in practice on Aug. 24.

"Taking it day by day, getting ready one day at a time to play in this first game," he said. "It's obviously a big one getting the season started. We're all ready and getting going."

Cowboys owner/general manager Jerry Jones said Wednesday that he wasn't really concerned about Austin's availability against New York. But the Cowboys have been cautious with their Pro Bowl wideout, and did sign veteran Laurent Robinson this week as depth insurance. The team will release a final injury report Friday.

Robinson is the latest addition, having missed Thursday's practice with a hamstring injury.

The Cowboys need Austin, their leading receiver the past two seasons, in a critical matchup against the Jets' talented cornerbacks. Darrelle Revis is generally considered the NFL's best cover man, and fellow starter Antonio Cromartie is a tall, rangy corner who's also well regarded. The Jets' solid secondary makes head coach Rex Ryan's pressure scheme viable.

"Both of them play good ball," Austin said. "The whole team actually plays tough, physical ball. We know it's going to be that type of game coming in.

"We have to go in, do our best every snap and every play and see what happens."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No he isn't. He is going to have 4 Jet defenders standing by him at all times.

I suspect Jones and Murray will be big parts of the passing game Sunday night. And Dez will certainly get alot of chances.

C

Cr122

If the Jets take away the short passing game we're pretty much fucked.

Reaction score
By Monday morning, Dez Bryants name will be on the name of every man, woman, and childs mouth in America. Football fan or not.

I predict a stat line similar to 34 receptions, 1355 yards, and 19 tds.

C

Cr122

By Monday morning, Dez Bryants name will be on the name of every man, woman, and childs mouth in America. Football fan or not.

That's why I drafted him this year. Ty buddy.

Reaction score

Decent numbers. Its not Addai good, but it will work.

Top Bottom