C

Cr122

08:40 PM CDT on Sunday, August 15, 2010

SportsDayDFW.com

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Miles Austin was interviewed on KRLD-FM on Sunday and discussed the Cowboys’ red zone issues and practicing in California over Texas. Here are some highlights:

Dallas Cowboys fans are all stressed out about the team’s red zone concerns during the first few games of the preseason. Is this really a concern for the Cowboys?

Obviously you want to go down there and score and we haven't the last two games, but that just comes with practice. I'm not really overly concerned. I feel that we've got to put work in all phases of the game, not just red zone. We definitely need to score when we get down there. We haven't, but I'm not overly concerned.

How much should fans really take away from a preseason game in which the starters play less than half a quarter?

I feel like you've just got to take guys working and their own will to win individually and as a group. You've got to take how people play together as well. But individually, you're evaluating talent. Obviously you're trying to win the game.

We went in yesterday with a brand-new tight end. It was the only first-string tight end. Obviously it was under different circumstances, but either way you want to go in and win the game. That's the goal. But you want to play well individually.

Are you looking forward to working out and training in California instead of under the sweltering Texas heat?

You really can't ask for better weather than that. Personally, I don't really mind working out in the heat, because I like sweating. Although I'm happy, I'm not going to be dying in the heat. I wouldn't really mind the heat every now and then.

What are your goals to accomplish in Oxnard? Is this a chance to regroup and get back on track?

Yeah, it's a chance to get back in training-camp mode, get locked in for doubles and prepared for all the work that's ahead of us. We're still preparing for games, though. It's going to be the same approach. I don't feel like it's a wasted week, because I enjoy getting those mental reps. It's a lot easier on your legs, too.

I think I'm going to get a lot of working out there. Physically, but also mentally.

Top Bottom