Romo 2 Austin

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Its so true, it needs its own thread. Non diva top 5 WR in the league. We're lucky to have had Irvin, Pearson, Etc; and be blessed to get such a great one once again.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Its so true, it needs its own thread. Non diva top 5 WR in the league. We're lucky to have had Irvin, Pearson, Etc; and be blessed to get such a great one once again.

Miles Austin=Dez Bryant's backup if you only started one WR at a time.

sbk92

Reaction score
Dude.

Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne.

Which one of these players is Miles Austin better than to be this top 5 WR?

sbk92

Reaction score
Dez is a ******.

Dez is also twice the talent of Miles Austin.

I spent years trying to convince people he could play, and now I have to talk those same people down from annointing him an all timer.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Not even. Dez wouldn't ever see the field.

lol

Had to laugh at that again. Austin will be Dez Bryant's Alvin Harper starting this next year. Nice compliment on the other side, and he'll house sit while Dez is at the pro bowl every year.

Romo 2 Austin

Cheerleader
Reaction score
lol

Had to laugh at that again. Austin will be Dez Bryant's Alvin Harper starting this next year. Nice compliment on the other side, and he'll house sit while Dez is at the pro bowl every year.

LOL???

One is one of the best route runners, seemingly mature & smart players in the league who is the same exact height, and has reportedly run a 4.29 40 before while Dez was timed at 4.52? What does Dez have on Miles physically, 8 pounds?

oh, and Dez is mentally retarded.

I wonder who has the brighter future. I doubt Dez will even beat out RW.

Romo 2 Austin

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Dez is a ******.

Dez is also twice the talent of Miles Austin.

I spent years trying to convince people he could play, and now I have to talk those same people down from annointing him an all timer.

He is a ******, but he is not close to twice the talent Miles is. Dez is more of a natural talent than Miles, yes, but they are the same height, and while Dez is more physical Miles is not far behind him and Miles is much faster. I'd call physically a slight advantage to Dez, mentally Miles is 500000x if not more the football player/guy Dez is.

sbk92

Reaction score
He is a ******, but he is not close to twice the talent Miles is. Dez is more of a natural talent than Miles, yes, but they are the same height, and while Dez is more physical Miles is not far behind him and Miles is much faster. I'd call physically a slight advantage to Dez, mentally Miles is 500000x if not more the football player/guy Dez is.

The only thing I'll give you is Miles is more reliable.

Other than that, Dez dwarfs him. He's just a better talent in all other areas of pass receiving.

I noticed you ignored my top 5 question. Smart.

Romo 2 Austin

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Dude.

Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Reggie Wayne.

Which one of these players is Miles Austin better than to be this top 5 WR?

I'd personally take him over Wayne and White, but i'm not fans of them at all. In Wayne's case I think it is mostly Manning, and Ryan in White's case. White is by far the best target there, we'll see how it balances out with the addition of Jones.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
LOL???

One is one of the best route runners, seemingly mature & smart players in the league who is the same exact height, and has reportedly run a 4.29 40 before while Dez was timed at 4.52? What does Dez have on Miles physically, 8 pounds?

And you believe this?

Austin is smarter, that's about all he has going for him when matched up against Dez.

sbk92

Reaction score
Miles "reportedly" ran a 4.29 40.

Ya know. Chris Johnson speed.

Give me a break.

sbk92

Reaction score
I'd personally take him over Wayne and White, but i'm not fans of them at all. In Wayne's case I think it is mostly Manning, and Ryan in White's case. White is by far the best target there, we'll see how it balances out with the addition of Jones.

Jesus Christ.

Dude. Those teams wouldn't take two Miles Austins for either one of those players.

Romo 2 Austin

Cheerleader
Reaction score
The only thing I'll give you is Miles is more reliable.

Other than that, Dez dwarfs him. He's just a better talent in all other areas of pass receiving.

I noticed you ignored my top 5 question. Smart.

You can't deny Miles is faster, thats not really debatable. Height wise they are both 6'2... Dez is physically stronger, but that will hamper him in the long term, he'll start declining sooner than Miles will. Miles greatness stems from his mental abilities as much as physical, he is the type of WR that can be an asset until hes 34, 35. Dez will be done by the time hes 30, as he is retarded and once he starts declining physically he'll be useless.

Romo 2 Austin

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Jesus Christ.

Dude. Those teams wouldn't take two Miles Austins for either one of those players.

Do you remember the first 5 weeks or so this year? Everyone and their mother was crowning Austin as the best WR in the league, then Romo got injured. He'll take the title this year.

Romo 2 Austin

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Miles "reportedly" ran a 4.29 40.

Ya know. Chris Johnson speed.

Give me a break.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...-s3GDw&usg=AFQjCNEQ_CtBzHjPA3mu9SE4W5qzcfzIVw

During his college football days at Monmouth University, in New Jersey, Miles Austin holds the school record in receiving yards. He also holds one of the fastest electronic times for a wide receiver coming out of college, with a 4.29 40-yard dash on Rutgers pro-day as Monmouth University did not have a pro-day. In 2003, Austin set a Monmouth University single-season record for touchdown catches with 12.

yes, and then he bulked up and runs a 4.42...

Still .10 faster than Dez

sbk92

Reaction score
LOL???

It seems odd this hate you have for Dez. It's almost like you believe you have to put him down to prop up Austin. You feel threatened that the guy you thought was the Cowboys' lead receiver maybe might not be anymore.

I root for them both on Sundays. They're both starting quality. Miles is more reliable. He's got a very good rapport with Romo. Dez is on a completely other level talent wise. If he even reaches 90% of his potential he's a much better receiver than Austin.

The Roy comment was nonsense. And I think you know that. Dez doesn't even have to practice this year. He can just show up on game days and out perform Roy.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
You can't deny Miles is faster, thats not really debatable. Height wise they are both 6'2... Dez is physically stronger, but that will hamper him in the long term, he'll start declining sooner than Miles will. Miles greatness stems from his mental abilities as much as physical, he is the type of WR that can be an asset until hes 34, 35. Dez will be done by the time hes 30, as he is retarded and once he starts declining physically he'll be useless.

Dez is much quicker and violent with his breaks and moves. Dez has already made 3 or 4 catches and runs after the catch that Miles could only dream about being able to do.

Have you seen the difference between the two with a football in their hands? Dez is a physical freak.

[video=youtube;vitf3XA4Eiw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vitf3XA4Eiw[/video]

Miles Austin cannot do that. Even on his best day.

Top Bottom