bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Well, yeah, if you ignore the whole "team sport" aspect of football.

Because lets be honest, it was Eli Manning that was out there putting Tom Brady on his ass all game long.

Did he play great. Absolutely not. But what seperates Manning from Romo is his ability to make plays when it counts. They may be lucky to some, but If thats the case than Romo has zero luck. example Crayton and Austin, slick ball etc

Reaction score
I think what seperated Manning from Romo is playing on a more talented, and better coached team during his career.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
I think what seperated Manning from Romo is playing on a more talented, and better coached team during his career.

I think that has something to do with it but how do you ever compare quarterbacks when you have that many variables to choose from

Reaction score
I think that has something to do with it but how do you ever compare quarterbacks when you have that many variables to choose from

Comparing individuals in a team sport is always a flawed exercise.

But Romo is better than Eli.

:thumbsup

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Or a run game, a commitment to it, and a consistent Oline.

Over his career, the Giants' league rank in rush offense has been [11, 6, 7, 4, 1, 17, 6, 32]. When you have a rushing offense like that much less is asked of you as a passer, especially when you're combining it with some of the defenses New York has trotted out over that period. I mean good grief Eli has had to play three seasons without a top 10 rushing offense, and only two without a rushing offense in the league's top half. There's a reason why you see those graphics about how great Eli's numbers off of play action are compared to non-PA. It's because he has been blessed with an effective running game scaring the defense.

Compare that to Romo, whose rushing offenses over his career have been [13, 17, 21, 7, 16, 18]. He has only had a top 10 rushing game ONCE in his career and only had a rushing game in the top half of the league twice in six years. He has to carry the team on his arm, and he does it at a much higher level than Eli - consistently. If you are choosing a player to start a team with and you are smart, you would be more inclined to choose a QB like Romo or Brees or Peyton who has proved year after year that he can do it himself, unlike Eli who has not had to do that.

Last year Eli played out of his mind good. He had the worst run game in the league and carried the team with a 90+ rating, his performance against SF was awesome.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
what was that dude's problem. No idea what he was talking about, just kept thinking DONNY YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR FUCKING ELEMENT THE CHINAMAN IS NOT THE ISSUE HERE

Reaction score
Can someone tell me why romo plays better but can't win shit. Is our team just average w/ perpetual poor coaching or what? Every good qb is getting wins.

We seem To be on game-changing plays in most of the big games .

That's why I wanted another pass rusher. Try to swing the TO differential.

Top Bottom