Reaction score
I was looking at the Buffalo game as a sign that maybe we were turning the corner. Now? Well... the Dolphins just humiliated them as well. Takes some of the luster off our win. Maybe Buffalo just really sucks.

Couple that with our very unimpressive win vs Washington, and I'm back thinking we might not be that good of a team.

Am I wrong?

C

Cr122

Not for nothing but the Bills have had a few injuries these past few games. They're not a bad team.

As for the Dolphins, yeah they're playing better but it'll take a lot to beat us on Thanksgiving. I still believe we win 9 or 10 games.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I was looking at the Buffalo game as a sign that maybe we were turning the corner. Now? Well... the Dolphins just humiliated them as well. Takes some of the luster off our win. Maybe Buffalo just really sucks.

Couple that with our very unimpressive win vs Washington, and I'm back thinking we might not be that good of a team.

Am I wrong?

Miami didnt move the ball up and down the field with the run and pass the way we did though. They only had 16 first downs and 242 total yards of offense. They also averaged less than 3.0 yds per rush.

Reaction score
Miami didnt move the ball up and down the field with the run and pass the way we did though. They only had 16 first downs and 242 total yards of offense. They also averaged less than 3.0 yds per rush.
Thanks for the post I saw parts of that one and they didn't dominate the way we did.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Thursday will be difficult.

Mike nolans defense will be hard to prepare for in two short days. Bowles and sporano know our team well, Nolan beat us with Denver in 09.

They have not allowed an offensive Td in three games I believe and they play physical football.

Very tough matchup in my opinion, sensebaugh limped his way to the finish and Ratliff was also banged up. This would be a great time for Jenkins to come back, Austin also.....I doubt either play though.

We have to get to 8-4. Everything starts from there. This game is huge.

In 8 years I have missed one game and I can not go Thursday and it is a huge game....I am already sick about it.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Thursday will be difficult.

Mike nolans defense will be hard to prepare for in two short days. Bowles and sporano know our team well, Nolan beat us with Denver in 09.

They have not allowed an offensive Td in three games I believe and they play physical football.

Very tough matchup in my opinion, sensebaugh limped his way to the finish and Ratliff was also banged up. This would be a great time for Jenkins to come back, Austin also.....I doubt either play though.

We have to get to 8-4. Everything starts from there. This game is huge.

In 8 years I have missed one game and I can not go Thursday and it is a huge game....I am already sick about it.

If Fat Rob gets a HC gig---which I hope, I would love to have Nolan take his place here.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
If Fat Rob gets a HC gig---which I hope, I would love to have Nolan take his place here.

I would take that trade every day of the week.

Considering the other candidates if Ryan gets a job some owner/gm has seriously screwed up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

If the Fish had fried their coaching staff last year (as everyone expected) then the reports are Garrett intended to hire Sparano and the entire defensive staff, or at least most of it.

Reaction score
Miami Dolphins could end their November with a bang by winning Thursday in Dallas

By Greg Stoda
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Post a Comment E-mail Print ShareLarger Type Small Type
MIAMI GARDENS — It's an odd journey of self-discovery. That's the best way to define what's going on with the Dolphins right now.

Were they as bad as their seven-game losing streak to start the season suggested? Almost certainly not.

Are they as good as the winning streak they stretched to three games Sunday suggests? Almost certainly not.

But it's no small accomplishment to shed the label of laughingstock - that's absolutely what Miami was - and to do so impressively.

The Dolphins have gone from September and October ineptitude to November competence, and next have a Thursday afternoon date in Dallas with an opportunity to further demonstrate their worth.

Who would have guessed a few weeks ago that Thanksgiving would give the Dolphins a chance to substantiate themselves as a team deserving of some - dare the suggestion - R-E-S-P-E-C-T?

"We present a problem every time we step on the field," Dolphins linebacker Karlos Dansby said after Miami's 35-8 rout of Buffalo. "We're not looking back."

Dansby, who is seldom at a loss for words, can talk boisterously as one of the leaders of a defense that hasn't allowed a touchdown in any of the victories.

Not that Miami has taken down any elite team in defeating Kansas City, Washington and Buffalo in succession.

Nor does Dallas (6-4) merit recognition as a monster, but there is a certain panache to the Cowboys whenever they're any good at all ... and now the Dolphins will get a crack at, well, cracking it with a national television audience tuned in on what amounts to a football holiday.

"It's a great stage. There's no doubt about that," Miami tight end Anthony Fasano said, "But you know what? We're playing for each other more than anything else, and I think that's been the best thing about this team regardless of the winning and losing.

"We stuck together when it would have been easy not to."

The Dolphins have recovered from the atrocious beginning to the season to bludgeon the Chiefs, Redskins and Bills by a combined score of 86-20. The defense has been terrific, and Matt Moore, an injury replacement for Chad Henne, has found his quarterback legs in steering the offense.

"Guys are just constantly aggressive," Moore said. "We're in the here-and-now, and we're playing pretty well."

The pertinent point is that there has been a lot more to Miami than mere resolve and effort. The Dolphins are acting as though 0-7 never happened despite the harsh proof in the standings. That is no small feat and a credit to embattled coach Tony Sparano.

"They're just worried about doing their jobs and trying to prove people wrong," Sparano said. "We have this little thing we talk about among ourselves. It's not what people say about you that matters, it's just what you answer to.

"From our end, we might (have been) a 2-7 team, but we were going to act like a 7-2 team. We acted like a 7-2 team."

Miami's far-flung hope is to win all six of its remaining regular-season games and somehow squeeze into the AFC playoffs. That's not likely to happen, but the Dolphins could do themselves proud simply by challenging for a .500 record.

A win at Dallas wouldn't legitimize what the Dolphins have done in their past three outings, exactly, but somehow would underscore the successes. Think of it as the possibility of adding an exclamation point to the good November work already done.

"It's a cool time and place to play," linebacker Jason Taylor said. "I grew up watching Dallas on Thanksgiving Day, but it has to be just another game for us."

He's correct in the strict sense of the one-at-a-time cliche, but he's wrong from the point of view that some games do carry greater psychological heft than others.

The date in Dallas does.

Reaction score
Miami Dolphins, fresh off rout of Bills, quickly turn focus to game Thursday vs. Cowboys

DAVIE — That 35-8 drubbing of Buffalo on Sunday? The one in which Matt Moore threw for three touchdowns, the defense kept the Bills out of the end zone and the Dolphins extended their winning streak to three games?

That was old news for coach Tony Sparano by the time he addressed the media Monday morning. He has no time to reflect on the Dolphins' good play. There's a game to prepare for Thursday in Dallas.

"The coaches have spent the last couple weekends in preparation for this, and then came back right after the game here and got work done, and early this morning," Sparano said. "So everything was ready to go.

"The players right now are in there, and we're working on Dallas. We're over with Buffalo."

To drive his point home with the players, Sparano didn't bother handing out a game ball during his post-game speech in the locker room Sunday. In Monday's team meeting, the focus was solely on the Cowboys.

"We didn't even watch the (game) film," rookie center Mike Pouncey said.

Sparano knows that in order to keep the winning streak going, and keep the questions about his job security at bay, he needs a better performance out of his team than the Dolphins gave him last year when they lost 16-0 to visiting Chicago on a short week.

Talking about his team's recent success - the Dolphins have outscored opponents 86-20 during their three-game streak and have not allowed a touchdown - isn't going to help Sparano beat the Cowboys on Thanksgiving.

"I don't know how much information (from the players) you'll get on Buffalo," Sparano said. "Hopefully none."

Several players said they are excited for the opportunity to play in front of a national audience Thursday, but getting their bodies ready for the game will be a challenge. Pouncey said Thursdays are usually when the players' bodies hurt the most, so they will need to spend extra time in the cold tub this week. Thursday's game will be the Dolphins' third in 12 days, and they held a light walk-through Monday instead of a full practice to let their bodies recover.

"This is when you learn who the true pros are and who really takes care of their body," left guard Richie Incognito said.

Thursday's game will bring old friends together. Sparano, who was an offensive assistant coach with the Cowboys from 2003-07, said he still knows many Dallas coaches and players. Five current Dolphins formerly played for the Cowboys, and Dolphins offensive coordinator Brian Daboll worked in Cleveland last year with current Dallas defensive coordinator Rob Ryan.

But Sparano promised that Thursday's trip to Dallas won't be a big, happy reunion.

"It's a business trip," he said. "If I want a vacation in Dallas, I can do that some other time."

NOTEWORTHY

The Dolphins didn't have any significant injuries coming out of Sunday's game. Sparano said defensive end Tony McDaniel, not active for the first time in five games and not present on the sideline against the Bills, was inactive because of a "coach's decision."

The one player whose status likely will be a game-time decision is kicker Dan Carpenter, who missed Sunday's game with a groin injury he suffered in practice Thursday. Sparano said "we have a little bit more time" to figure out if Carpenter or newly signed Shayne Graham will kick against the Cowboys.

Top Bottom