Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Keep up the good work guys...our sales are down. :jerry

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/merc...pular-nfl-team

For the first time since 1979, no NFL team is selling more merchandise than the San Francisco 49ers, according to numbers provided by NFL PR's Joanna Hunter.

The 49ers, who finished second in sales in 1994 and 1995, were the lone west coast team in the top six. The Baltimore Ravens, New York Giants, Washington Redskins, Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots followed San Francisco.

The 49ers rocketed to the top on the power of offensive and defensive leaders Colin Kaepernick and Patrick Willis, who finished fourth and 10th, respectively, on the list of top-selling NFL player jerseys.

Kaepernick took over as the 49ers starting quarterback and went 7-3, leading the 49ers to Super Bowl XLVIII. His success was recognized by NFL fans all over, as he trails only Robert Griffin III (who set a single-season jersey sales record), Peyton Manning and Ray Lewis in individual jersey sales.

Willis, a Pro Bowler in each of his first six NFL seasons with the 49ers, was the second ranked defensive player on the list behind Lewis.

Top-selling NFL player jerseys (Rank | Player)

1 Robert Griffin III
2 Peyton Manning
3 Ray Lewis
4 Colin Kaepernick
5 Tom Brady
6 Andrew Luck
7 Aaron Rodgers
8 Victor Cruz
9 Eli Manning
10 Patrick Willis
11 Rob Gronkowski
12 J.J. Watt
13 Tim Tebow
14 Russell Wilson
15 Marshawn Lynch

Reaction score
Whats that? RG3 lead the NFL in jersey sales? What to do.... I GOT IT! ~ Jerry Jones

With the 18th selection in the NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select EJ Manual, Quarterback, Florida State. ~ Roger Goodell

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Dez will be top 5 on that list next season if he can pick up where he left off.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The only thing that might possibly cause Jerra to make some changes.

We didn't win the Merchandise Superbowl? Oh's no's....

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Merchandise sales has a lot to do with it. The 49ers are now America's team. Who wants a mediocre team with the label America's Team?

No one.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I sure don't.

Hopefully this is a wake up call to that delusional old man.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Dez will be top 5 on that list next season if he can pick up where he left off.

I don't think so.

Cruz is a charismatic WR in a big market, and everyone loves Gronk, but it's tough to crack even the top 15 as a receiver unless you do something interesting. I mean CJ just had the biggest year ever and he's nowhere to be found.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't think so.

Cruz is a charismatic WR in a big market, and everyone loves Gronk, but it's tough to crack even the top 15 as a receiver unless you do something interesting. I mean CJ just had the biggest year ever and he's nowhere to be found.

True and good point. If we win big though on his back the front runners and the clueless women can not help themselves...they would all show up in his jersey.

Reaction score
In order for a player to get in the top 10 in jersey sales, they pretty much have to be the only big name player on a team with a strong fan base.

Dez'll never do it because we have Romo, Witten, Ware, Murray, and Matt Johnson.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The jones family has been making 30 million a year on stadium tour revenue alone.

good luck with your campaign to make him go broke by not buying a jersey of a player you like or whatever.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I don't give a fuck how much he makes. He isn't the leader in merchandise sales now, so he is regressing. That makes me happy.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
In order for a player to get in the top 10 in jersey sales, they pretty much have to be the only big name player on a team with a strong fan base.

Dez'll never do it because we have Romo, Witten, Ware, Murray, and Matt Johnson.

Exactly. Jersey sales are split up between those other five.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You know what this means? We will not be drafting Warmack or Cooper even if both are available.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

This is true. However, for a number of years, Romo, Witten, and Ware were all three in the top 10 at the same time.

Top Bottom