cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
The defensive line and safety play is so bad I need to see some kind of improvement there. It's so hard to watch us lose the same way over and over again.

Shazier is a beast though.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
We also need to return as one of the league leaders in takeaways. Shazier could really help us out there.

I agree that Safety and DL may be a bigger issue, but there isn't such an impact player in this class.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
What about my boy Shazier?

Really good player. Not sure he makes the most sense for us because of the mass DL questions, but with Carter approaching bust status a LB trio of Shazier/Lee/Holloman would be really good.

Reaction score
Are we sold on Holloman? I know he had a great pre-season and played really well in the finale, but I'm not ready to pencil him in as a starter.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Are we sold on Holloman? I know he had a great pre-season and played really well in the finale, but I'm not ready to pencil him in as a starter.

I like him, he makes plays. I think he's going to work out if he stays healthy.

Reaction score
Thats the rub. Missed most of the season. We are already looking at 2/3 of our LB corps being injury prone. Are we looking at more Bosworth and Cam Lawrence playing time next year? We need a legit 4th and 5th linebacker if we are going to rely on Carter/Lee/Holloman.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Thats the rub. Missed most of the season. We are already looking at 2/3 of our LB corps being injury prone. Are we looking at more Bosworth and Cam Lawrence playing time next year? We need a legit 4th and 5th linebacker if we are going to rely on Carter/Lee/Holloman.

Don't worry, Jerry will figure it out for us.

Reaction score
The defensive line and safety play is so bad I need to see some kind of improvement there. It's so hard to watch us lose the same way over and over again.

Shazier is a beast though.

The thing about Shazier is hes alot smaller than listed, Ohio State gave him so height and weight. Hes one the fastest guys on the team and probably the fastest LB in the country but hes not physical enough to get off blocks and for a guy that fast he was often missing on passing downs.

OSU defense wasn't good, watched every game this year and he disappeared against tough competition. Just wanted to get a fair review from a buckeye fan standpoint.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score

We need a legitimate MLB and a weak side LB.

Max Bullough and Jeremiah Attaochu would work for me.

Top Bottom