C

Cr122

McNabb's prep time for opener against Cowboys could be limited
Posted at 11:45 AM on Wed., Aug. 25, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Gerry Fraley / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

The Dallas Cowboys are likely to face new Washington Donovan McNabb at something less than his best in the season opener on Sept. 12.

McNabb will be held out of the Redskins' third exhibition game this week because of a sprained left ankle. Starters usually do not appear in the final exhibition game.

If new Washington coach Mike Shanahan holds to that, McNabb will still be in the learning stage of the Redskins' offense when he faces the Cowboys. McNabb has been ineffective so far. In nine total possessions against Buffalo and Baltimore, McNabb has produced only one touchdown and one field goal.

Since opening day 2005, McNabb is 3-7 against the Cowboys with nine touchdown passes and five interceptions.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I do not think there is anything wrong with McNabb. I believe that Shanahan is holding him out because they do not want to show the Cowboys anything in the dress rehearsal.

Reaction score
I do not think there is anything wrong with McNabb. I believe that Shanahan is holding him out because they do not want to show the Cowboys anything in the dress rehearsal.

I think the injury is legit. The guy has had a lot of leg injuries over the years.

But I also think they're going to go balls out week 1. Getting rolled by double-digits is not how Shanny wants to start his era. But I think it happens.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think the injury is legit. The guy has had a lot of leg injuries over the years.

But I also think they're going to go balls out week 1. Getting rolled by double-digits is not how Shanny wants to start his era. But I think it happens.

They've been going all out during the preseason, while their opponants, have treated it like a preseason game that it is.

C

Cr122

McNabb is going to see a lot of pressure from us, and with his bad ankle it will be difficult for him to scramble out of the pocket. He'll get sacked and someone will expose his injury at some point of the game, probably Ware or Spencer.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
McNabb is going to see a lot of pressure from us, and with his bad ankle it will be difficult for him to scramble out of the pocket. He'll get sacked and someone will expose his injury at some point of the game, probably Ware or Spencer.

Cowboys definitely will need to bring it. We have 3 pass rushers, or possiboly 4---with Bowens. I'd like to see Lee or Williams on some blitzes.

C

Cr122

Cowboys definitely will need to bring it. We have 3 pass rushers, or possiboly 4---with Bowens. I'd like to see Lee or Williams on some blitzes.

Lee especially, with his speed.

I think if McNabb rolls out or scrambles he'll be introduced to Lee.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Lee especially, with his speed.

I think if McNabb rolls out or scrambles he'll be introduced to Lee.

Truth be told, Williams has even more speed, but Lee has excellant instincts and is able to shed blockers better. Definitely need to watch out for Cooley though.

C

Cr122

Truth be told, Williams has even more speed, but Lee has excellant instincts and is able to shed blockers better. Definitely need to watch out for Cooley though.

Yeah, definitely. Cooley is underrated IMO.

I see him as one of the better tight ends in the league when he's healthy.

It'll be tough to contain him.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah, definitely. Cooley is underrated IMO.

I see him as one of the better tight ends in the league when he's healthy.

It'll be tough to contain him.

I don't think he's underrated. He's a top 10 TE, but of course Redskins' fans will claim that he's top 5---which he isn't.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Skin fans claim he is a s good as Witten and would be better if he was in our offense.

And yet on the Redskins' ESPN messagboard there are threads dedicated to trading Cooley. Cooley does have Witten-envy. I remember when him and Colt made the sppof on Witten and Romo, and then Cooley said it was all in goofd fun and that Witten and him are great friends. Witten replied, that he didn't really know Cooley. LOL!!!

Top Bottom