C

Cr122

McNabb’s agents said trade or release coming after the draft
Posted by Mike Florio on February 26, 2011, 8:40 AM EST
On Friday, Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said that a decision as to the future of quarterback Donovan McNabb will be made after the 2011 draft.

According to McNabb’s agent (via Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News), Fletcher Smith, the Redskins will either trade or release McNabb at that time.

We think there’s a chance that McNabb will be traded during the draft, if the labor situation is resolved by then. If it isn’t, and if a lockout has been imposed, no trades of current players will be permitted.

Then again, the Redskins won’t be able to trade or release McNabb after the draft, either, if the league has shut down operations. So if McNabb isn’t cut by March 4, he won’t be traded or released until the labor situation is resolved.

Either way, the Redskins won’t be paying him $12.5 million to sit on the bench in 2011. Eventually, he’ll be gone. The only unknowns at this point are the time and the method.

C

Cr122

Well, I don't think they will get much trade value for him seeing he was just traded last year, so he'll be released.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I didn't see this working to begin with.

Maybe if it was 2001 McNabb,a little raw and more prone to scramble.

But I didn't and don't see 2010 McNabb being a fit with Ratface's offense.

Surprise!He wasn't/isn't.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well, I don't think they will get much trade value for him seeing he was just traded last year, so he'll be released.

1.) The benching has diminished his trade value.
2.) Shanahan and Kyle claiming that McNabb had trouble picking up the playbook, that also diminishes his trade value.
3.) His questionable cardiac fortitude with the 2-minute drill according to Shanahan, diminishes his trade value.
4.) That $14 million contract for the year also diminishes his trade value.
5.) The season he had diminishes his trade value.
6.) Him being a year older diminishes his trade value.
7.) The fact that Shanahan is trying to ditch him and if they get no takers in a trade then they will release him, diminishes his trade value.

8.) ALL OF THIS COMBINED diminishes his trade value.

Reaction score
Is this the part where McNabb "takes the high road" and says he wants to be a Redskin for life, but at the same time he supports his agent?

Top Bottom