» Prospects: By name | Position | School

Quarterback
1. Marcus Mariota, Oregon
2. Jameis Winston, Florida State
3. Bryce Petty, Baylor
4. Brett Hundley, UCLA
5. Sean Mannion, Oregon State

Rise: Hundley (5), Mannion (NR)
Fall: Garrett Grayson, Colorado State (4)

Running back
1. Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin
2. Todd Gurley, Georgia
3. Ameer Abdullah, Nebraska
4. Duke Johnson, Miami (Fla.)
5. Tevin Coleman, Indiana

Fall: T.J. Yeldon, Alabama (T-5)

Wide receiver
1. Kevin White, West Virginia
2. Amari Cooper, Alabama
3. DeVante Parker, Louisville
4. Breshad Perriman, Central Florida
5. Nelson Agholor, USC

Fall: Dorial Green-Beckham, Missouri (T-5)

Tight end
1. Maxx Williams, Minnesota
2. Clive Walford, Miami (Fla.)
3. Tyler Kroft, Rutgers
4. Blake Bell, Oklahoma
5. Jeff Heuerman, Ohio State

Rise: Kroft (4)
Fall: Bell (3)

Interior offensive linemen
1. Brandon Scherff, Iowa
2. Cameron Erving, Florida State
3. Laken Tomlinson, Duke
4. A.J. Cann, South Carolina
5. Mitch Morse, Missouri

Rise: Morse (NR)
Fall: Tre' Jackson, Florida State (5)

Offensive tackle
1. La'el Collins, LSU
2. Ereck Flowers, Miami (Fla.)
3. D.J. Humphries, Florida
4. Andrus Peat, Stanford
5. T.J. Clemmings, Pittsburgh

Fall: Cedric Ogbuehi, Texas A&M (T-5)

Interior defensive linemen
1. Leonard Williams, USC
2. Danny Shelton, Washington
3. Arik Armstead, Oregon
4. Malcom Brown, Texas
5. Eddie Goldman, Florida State

Rise: Shelton (4)
Fall: Armstead (2), Brown (3), Jordan Phillips, Oklahoma (T-5)

Edge rusher
1. Dante Fowler, Jr., Florida
2. Bud Dupree, Kentucky
3. Vic Beasley, Clemson
4. Randy Gregory, Nebraska
5. Shane Ray, Missouri

Rise: Dupree (4)
Fall: Gregory (2)

Linebacker
1. Paul Dawson, TCU
2. Eric Kendricks, UCLA
3. Stephone Anthony, Clemson
4. Denzel Perryman, Miami (Fla.)
5. Benardrick McKinney, Mississippi State

Cornerback
1. Trae Waynes, Michigan State
2. Kevin Johnson, Wake Forest
3. Marcus Peters, Washington
4. Jalen Collins, LSU
5. Byron Jones, Connecticut

Rise: Johnson (4)
Fall: Collins (2), Eric Rowe, Utah (T-5)

Safety
1. Damarious Randall, Arizona State
2. Landon Collins, Alabama
3. Shaq Thompson, Washington
4. Quinten Rollins, Miami (Ohio)
5. Jaquiski Tartt, Samford

Fall: Alex Carter, Stanford (T-5)

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Pretty crazy how this all changes. Weeks ago people had Shane Ray as the #5 overall. Now Mayock has him the #5 passrusher.

Reaction score
Todd McShay said the injury would have only dropped him 4 or 5 spots. The drug thing could drop him to 2nd or 3rd round.

Cowboys could have a chance to draft a top 10 pass rusher.

Reaction score
Kinda lame how this shit changes from day to day. I mean, I get you got to make changes to keep people looking.... but tell me, what the fuck did TJ Yeldon do between now and the last one of these to make him drop from being tied 5th?

Reaction score
Kinda lame how this shit changes from day to day. I mean, I get you got to make changes to keep people looking.... but tell me, what the fuck did TJ Yeldon do between now and the last one of these to make him drop from being tied 5th?

Must be that dbair said something good about him.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That's why I can't follow this stuff that closely for months leading up to it. There's way too much overanalysis and changing of rankings just to get rating and web clicks.

I've heard coaches and GMs who have actually done this say that when the Kipers of the world claim, "So and so is really rising up the boards the last few weeks", it's all BS. Aside from the occasional arrest or injury, these rankings have all been done for a long time now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Kinda what makes it so lame for people to bitch and moan about this stuff after it happens. Nobody knows what the REAL NFL boards look like.

That yr the NFL GM said "who the hell is Mel Kiper????" is still classic stuff

Reaction score
From my memory it was the Colts GM that said it and Kiper was actually right about his assessment (think it had to do with Dilfer). I think he has a pretty damn good track record. Really amazing work he does. I dont believe every team has their draft board set months in advance. I think it is very much in flux based on a number of things (pro days, injury evaluations, conduct, ect).

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
From my memory it was the Colts GM that said it and Kiper was actually right about his assessment (think it had to do with Dilfer). I think he has a pretty damn good track record. Really amazing work he does. I dont believe every team has their draft board set months in advance. I think it is very much in flux based on a number of things (pro days, injury evaluations, conduct, ect).

Wasn't he arguing the Colts shouldnt have taken the defensive prospect they picked and instead taken Dilfer? How was Kiper right? Dilfer wasn't very good. He was the picture of a JAG QB for his entire career. Like him as an analyst though.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wasn't he arguing the Colts shouldnt have taken the defensive prospect they picked and instead taken Dilfer? How was Kiper right? Dilfer wasn't very good. He was the picture of a JAG QB for his entire career. Like him as an analyst though.

I also remember Kiper saying that Leaf would have the more successful career than Manning.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I used to like Kiper. Bought his draft guide every yr forever. But he began pissing me off when he would evaluate players, rate them, and then when he "reviewed" teams drafts he went against his own ratings.

He's to be commended for carving out his little niche with ESPN, but I don't see where his evaluations or opinions are any better than most average joes who look at this stuff all the time, and he definitely isn't a NFL level talent evaluator like he wants everyone to believe.

Top Bottom