Reaction score
@BryanBroaddus
Matt Johnson will go on IR for the season. Club will keep options open to use recall IR for another player if needed.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
they can't just cut him like any other sane organization would do

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
What

The

Fuck

Count your blessings. At least they aren't wasting the return IR designation on his ass.

And oh yeah, forget about drafting a safety high next year. He will be like another draft pick! Isn't that nice?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We already have two amazing young players returning next year in Tyrone Crawford and Matt Johnson. This means Jerry can draft another WR and TE.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Does saving the 480k really matter?
No, but showing players on this roster now and in the future that you had better produce or just go away, draft pick or not would pay dividends.

I have never seen any player in team history that did so fucking little get two full years worth of his rookie salary.

Say you are some UDFA busting your ass and playing through injury look over and see this bitch do absolutely nothing, yet gets a free ride because he was drafted. Is that a good thing?

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I don't know if he'll ever be healthy, but I don't see the harm in stashing him on IR.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
No, but showing players on this roster now and in the future that you had better produce or just go away, draft pick or not would pay dividends.

I have never seen any player in team history that did so fucking little get two full years worth of his rookie salary.

Say you are some UDFA busting your ass and playing through injury look over and see this bitch do absolutely nothing, yet gets a free ride because he was drafted. Is that a good thing?
Hanging on to Johnson insures that more jags such as Allen will be the norm until somebody within the organization realizes that Johnson will never be the great white safety that they were hoping for. Johnson is the definition of a progress stopper. The coaches refuse to move on and go after a good young safety prospect for the long term because they are waiting for the nitwit to heal. How long will this continue?

Reaction score
2u8h6.jpg

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
This bastard is making a career out of being injured. I will give the guy credit. He is getting NFL pay and benefits for..... well nothing.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Because he's no good to us at any price? Jerry saving face is the only reason he remains a Cowboy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Because he's no good to us at any price? Jerry saving face is the only reason he remains a Cowboy.

He's on IR you grouchy shit. He isnt hogging up a roster spot for somebody that CAN play.

He doesn't count shit against the cap. He looked like he has talent the brief amount of time he was actually on the field but nobody has seen enough of him to know for sure. Nothing wrong with storing him away till next offseason. If he stinks or cant stay on the field then, he'll be gone.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He can't stay on the field now. What else do you or anyone else need to see to prove that one?

How old is the guy again?

Why give up on him completely if they can stash him away for nothing for another year, and let him see what he can do next year.

Maybe he amounts to nothing, but giving up on him completely when you have an option not to is pretty stupid.

Top Bottom