Reaction score
Alabama SS Mark Barron ran forty times of 4.54 and 4.73 at the Crimson Tide's Pro Day on Thursday.
The good news is he's healthy enough to run relatively long distances at full speed after postseason double hernia surgery. The bad news is Barron got off to a "dreadful start" on his second forty-yard dash, resulting in the 4.73. The two-time first-team All-American projects as a borderline first-round pick.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd give him a look at 45. And I bet he'll still be there around 37+.

I dont think he will be. There's enough teams that need a safety in the teens and 20's, and he's highly regarded.

People will put more weight on the 4.54 time than the 4.73, also remember he's coming off double hernia surgery

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Safety is all about instincts. Sensabaugh is probably one of the fastest guys around at the position, which probably explains the FO's fixation with him, but he's freaking retarded.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Safety is all about instincts. Sensabaugh is probably one of the fastest guys around at the position, which probably explains the FO's fixation with him, but he's freaking retarded.

He has awful instincts. He also takes way too many plays off IMO.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Mark Barron >>>>> Harrison Smith

Examples though, because I haven't seen him take "too many plays off".

And who is allowed to take plays off under Nick Saban?? I think you're trying too hard to pimp up Harrison Smith.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Mark Barron >>>>> Harrison Smith

Examples though, because I haven't seen him take "too many plays off".

And who is allowed to take plays off under Nick Saban?? I think you're trying too hard to pimp up Harrison Smith.

I was talking about Sensabaugh you fool.

I would take Barron over Harrison Smith. I just don't think Barron makes it to 45, Smith might. Big dummie.

Reaction score
he also holds the NFL combine record for the vertical...46 inches !!!!! :wha? That's sick

ThreeSportStar80

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I don't think Barron is anywhere near in shape... I'm thinking he'll be ready once off season camps come rolling around.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Broaddus now saying that the staff went to Alabama's Pro Day to specifically look at Barron and came away impressed.

Top Bottom