Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman
Cowboys have signed LB Orie Lemon to help on special teams this week. CB/ S Mario Butler has been released.

I thought wilber would take the gameday roster for albright...maybe it will be lemon.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With the safety situation being what it is I'm not sure why'd we boot Butler. I like Lemon and glad he's on the team, just concerned about our safety depth.

Maybe this means Mike Jenkins has shown something at safety??

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
With the safety situation being what it is I'm not sure why'd we boot Butler. I like Lemon and glad he's on the team, just concerned about our safety depth.

Maybe this means Mike Jenkins has shown something at safety??

It is interesting. I just thought wilber would take the gameday roster spot of albright and nothing else would change.

if matt johnson is no where near ready to play it seems weird to just risk losing butler.

I imagine they are preparing for a physical game with tampa sunday and dont want to get short of big bodies being fresh during the game. Maybe wilber and lemon will both be active.

plus lee didnt practice the whole week so it could just be concern.

Reaction score
This all could have started because they started hearing that someone wanted to sign Lemon... and went into panic mode. I agree though... should have cut Connor or Felix instead.

Reaction score
Maybe the team isn't as high on Butler as I am... but he's a decent depth player that can play two positions.

I know Jenkins coming back makes him kind of expendable. Just seems like there are more useless people on the roster than him.

Reaction score
@espn_macmahon
Reason Orie Lemon didn't make original 53 is because Cowboys didn't like his special teams play. Now he's promoted to help on special teams.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
special teams are struggling.

Its not just felix, the blocking has been bad.

Andre Holmes, orie lemon and Kyle wilber will all be active I imagine this sunday to try and improve that.

I wouldnt cut felix though or connor.

I would make dwayne Harris my full time return man though in both punts and kickoffs. Let felix get healthy and worry about playing running back.

without better blocking though its not going to matter.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
oh and mid, tim mcmahon is being intentionally ignorant saying that.

Lemon is not as good a special teams player as ablright, but when there is no albright lemon will have to fill in. Albright plays on all units and he is good at it and it make take more than one guy to replace him. If they cut albright to sign lemon then what mcmahon is saying would make sense.

Its just that mcmahon works for espn 103.3 and they do nothing but whine and encourage the whining.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good to see Lemon here, but I wish Connor was cut instead.

That move should have been made at final cutdowns. I thought it was obvious Lemon outplayed Connor, who was bad all preseason and downright awful vs Seattle.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That move should have been made at final cutdowns. I thought it was obvious Lemon outplayed Connor, who was bad all preseason and downright awful vs Seattle.

Shouldn't have been made at the expense of Butler. I don't see much difference between Connor and Brookings.

Top Bottom