Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Pretty sure finding a Romo successor is a need. It'd be nice to have someone ready in 1-2 seasons and the odds we can have Romo retire (or unable to play anymore) and find somebody THAT year to replace him without a major drop in production are pretty slim.

I'm not one of these people that thinks taking a QB for the sake of taking one is the way to go, but if you find someone you like that you believe you can develop into a starter, its worth it to take a look. None of these guys they are looking at are ready to play now, but they could very well be ready in a season or two.
I agree you need to find one. Just don't think you draft one, from this draft class.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
The major knock on Mannion is that he may be too slow to read the fast defenses teams employ nowadays. Kind of the same knock with that young Tampa Bay drafted a few years ago.

Reaction score
The offense is a little too familiar. With such a slow release coupled with much faster and efficient NFL defenses he won't last long unless he is in a run first scheme and/or as DBair said, he gets some coaching. Not sure how his throwing motion could really speed up,that dramatically.

The highlight film was basically all the same kind of throw. Wonder how he can gun the out pattern, the slant, the bubble screen, etc?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Couldn't resist, had to do my own version of "Mannix" in my computer using MIDI

Top Bottom