Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Thats right, punk. You choose to either love God or the ways of the world which lead to death.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How so? Explain please.

Coercion (play /koʊˈɜrʃən/) is the practice of forcing another party to behave in an involuntary manner (whether through action or inaction) by use of threats or intimidation or some other form of pressure or force

Worship me and go to heaven or don't and go to hell is coercion. Any idiot who uses that to blather on about "free will" is...um...an idiot.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Coercion (play /koʊˈɜrʃən/) is the practice of forcing another party to behave in an involuntary manner (whether through action or inaction) by use of threats or intimidation or some other form of pressure or force

Worship me and go to heaven or don't and go to hell is coercion. Any idiot who uses that to blather on about "free will" is...um...an idiot.

lol hardly. God is saying, follow me, or don't. I'm right here, waiting with open arms, it's up to you.

He doesn't say follow me or else I'm going to make your life miserable which would be more applicable to the definition of coercion.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
lol hardly. God is saying, follow me, or don't. I'm right here, waiting with open arms, it's up to you.

He doesn't say follow me or else I'm going to make your life miserable which would be more applicable to the definition of coercion.

What's God's take on the whole racism thing Bob?

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Oh right I forgot hell is awesome, carry on.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What do consequences from making an informed decision mean?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
God: Worship me or go to hell.
Person: I don't want to.
God: Go to hell.

"Coercion"

Nope, because that person voluntarily chooses to follow Him or not based on that.

Your argument is just like saying the police are coercing people to not commit crimes.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Nope, because that person voluntarily chooses to follow Him or not based on that.

Your argument is just like saying the police are coercing people to not commit crimes.

Only if the police made something noone can avoid doing - like "Breathing" - a crime, and then decided you could stay out of jail if you would just sing songs about how great the police are all day. But that would make them absolute asshole tyrants.

Kind of like God.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Only if the police made something noone can avoid doing - like "Breathing" - a crime, and then decided you could stay out of jail if you would just sing songs about how great the police are all day. But that would make them absolute asshole tyrants.

Kind of like God.

Uh, no. Because like the rules God has set for man, the police have a bunch of their own, both with the intent of saying that if you don't follow the rules, you won't be happy with the end result, the choice is yours.

I'm sorry, that's as simple as I can make it for you, superpunkbair122.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
And unlike the law, God offers you many do-overs.

Idk about you, but I favor God's rules for over the dumb shit the government and states have to control us ie speed cameras. Retarded.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Uh, no. Because like the rules God has set for man, the police have a bunch of their own, both with the intent of saying that if you don't follow the rules, you won't be happy with the end result, the choice is yours.

I'm sorry, that's as simple as I can make it for you, superpunkbair122.

The consequences of following/not following the rules should be their own retribution.

For instance, I can drink antifreeze or I cannot. The consequences are entirely related to the decision made and nothing further. If my body has an adverse reaction that is my own issue.

But you cannot make the same claim for God's coercion. You could if you got to the pearly gates and there was a door to heaven and a door to hell and God said "Pick one" after fully informing you what was behind each door. Or, if in the afterlife there were two options, both equally nice, one with God and one without. Therefore the only consequence of your choice is directly related to the decision made and nothing further - i.e. do I want to worship/be in God's presence or not.

The second pain and penalty and suffering are introduced, you have coercion. The penalty of hell is unrelated to the decision made, it is a threat.

Reaction score
SP, you are not being coerced by anyone because, according to you it's all a sham.

But since you are intensely interested in the topic I shall share some useful insight which I am sure you will accept with open arms:

Let's use the pastor dude who just went to jail for an example. You said he was an idiot for not following the law...arrogant guy who thinks he should get a special pass. He got what he deserved because he didn't follow the rules. So instead of obeying he has spent time and effort saying he was persecuted, coerced and mistreated. Woe, is he and all of that, right? Pretty much the guy rejected the law and got what he deserved.

Why do you feel that it's different with the bible? I know, I know, you think it's a fairy tale. I get that. Moving past that, and let's pretend that the bible is true since you are arguing that it's coercion. Or let's just say that the bible isn't true...I don't care. It seems pretty just to me that if you don't follow the rules and you are given the option, you are the idiot for rejecting that option. Do you feel that the word coercion applies to the regular laws as well. Like say, city codes and such?

Reaction score

Kind of like God.

Thinking that the guy making the rules is an asshole is not the same as coercion. It just means that you don't like your options therefore you place the blame on the rule maker because you think he sucks.

Top Bottom