sbk92

Reaction score
Cowboys Mailbag

WILLIAM MEJIA - MIDDLESEX, NJ: A lot of the newer mocks have Wisconson's J.J. Watt going to the Cowboys in the first round. What do you think about that?

Nick: I haven't really seen much of him. Just saw a few highlights. Judging off what I saw, and again, it wasn't very much, I'm still a little surprised he's rated that high. I would be surprised if the Cowboys took him. They seem to like a little more "wow" factor than that. Then again, maybe they need more "dirty work" guys and he seems to fit that mold.

Rob: He fits a big need for them because he's a productive, versatile end with a really high motor. Cameron Jordan might be the better athlete and he can arguably play three positions, including outside linebacker. Either would be nice picks. Just wondering if No. 9 is too high, though. Trading down a few spots is a different story.

DAVID FARRIS - ATKINSON, NH: If, by chance, Von Miller falls to the Cowboys, would you project Anthony Spencer moving inside, with Miller and DeMarcus Ware outside?

Nick: Don't really see Anthony Spencer as an inside 'backer. He'd probably move to defensive end before he did that, and that doesn't seem to be a great fit either. If Miller, or any other OLB is drafted, it would likely create some kind of stir around here. However, because Spencer hasn't produced much of anything in four years, I don't think you can NOT draft someone because of him. If you get an outside 'backer, then Rob Ryan will either have to be very creative in how he uses everyone, or maybe it'll be the writing on the wall for Spencer - just like it was for Greg Ellis when Spencer was drafted in 2007.

Rob: Nope. Spencer's not build like an inside linebacker, and say what you want about his lack of big-time stats, but he's capable of being a terrific pass rusher. I'll say this, though: if Miller somehow dropped to 9, it's a no-brainer. You find a spot for a guy that talented. Won't happen, though.

Mr.Po

Reaction score
What do you think of J.J. Watt at 9?

I don't. I hope the powers that be in charge of the dog and pony show don't as well. Different story if we are further down the board.

Top Bottom