MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Doesn't matter.

The job of a GM, a real one, is to field the most talented team possible. Not to fill it with young guys. Barber is a bum. If he's not the most over paid player in the league, he's in the top 5. So is Roy Williams. Newman at least deserves an honorable mention. Probably more. Any cost cutting movement needs to start with them.

And last I checked, offensive linemen play well into their 30s at a high level of play. The same can not be said for RBs, WRs or CBs.

You can spin it however you want it. The simple truth is the Cowboys have their personnel moves decided by an oil salesman. He doesn't know who can and can't play. He's got no personnel background.

We didn't release Adams for financial reasons. We did it to free up a spot for Doug Free. Which is fine. But you don't release a still productive player when you have complete dog shat at RT.

It was just yet another horrific decision from the con man.

It wasn't that cut & dry.

Up until his injury at the end of last season many thought Colombo was a better RT than Adams was a LT.

Adams hasn't been very good for Pittsburgh, to think that having Adams playing RT for the Dallas Cowboys in 2010 was going to make them a "winner"... Well maybe a winner at the special Olympics, but that's about it.

sbk92

Reaction score
It wasn't that cut & dry.

Up until his injury at the end of last season many thought Colombo was a better RT than Adams was a LT.

Well then you were wrong. Colombo has never been a better player than Adams.

Adams hasn't been very good for Pittsburgh, to think that having Adams playing RT for the Dallas Cowboys in 2010 was going to make them a "winner"... Well maybe a winner at the special Olympics, but that's about it.

It wouldn't make them a winner. But they would have been a better team. He certainly would have been a better RT this year than what he had.

How else do you judge a GM on a personnel move other than that?

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Well then you were wrong. Colombo has never been a better player than Adams.

It wouldn't make them a winner. But they would have been a better team. He certainly would have been a better RT this year than what he had.

How else do you judge a GM on a personnel move other than that?

Because a GM also has to manage the salary cap... And yes there will be a salary cap in 2011 grasshopper.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
lol

Mike. Releasing him last offseason for an uncapped year this year had nothing to do with finances and everything to do with creating a spot for Free to play.

Jesus Christ you're a homer.

Huh? Homer? That's rich.

I'm not going to go over the cap rules for you, but head over to the Zone and search up Adam's posts and you'll see that releasing Adams prior to the 2010 season kept a lot of dead money from hitting the books in the 2011 season, which when it's played will be capped.

sbk92

Reaction score
Huh? Homer? That's rich.

I'm not going to go over the cap rules for you, but head over to the Zone and search up Adam's posts and you'll see that releasing Adams prior to the 2010 season kept a lot of dead money from hitting the books in the 2011 season, which when it's played will be capped.

More than releasing Barber? Or Roy? Or Newman?

You don't have to go over the cap rules for me. Because they had nothing to do with the decision to release Adams.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
More than releasing Barber? Or Roy? Or Newman?

You don't have to go over the cap rules for me. Because they had nothing to do with the decision to release Adams.

If you think Barber's, Roy's and Newman's situations were the same as Adams, then there's no more to discuss.

sbk92

Reaction score
If you think Barber's, Roy's and Newman's situations were the same as Adams, then there's no more to discuss.

I don't. I think their situations are worse in terms of bang for your buck.

A cap conscious team should first look to those three horrible contracts before releasing a solid T when you have no RT to speak of.

You can try to justify it with cap savings nonsense two years in the future if you want, it's a bad personnel move made by a bad GM.

Cythim

Reaction score
Releasing an overpaid, under-performing and past his prime T was a good personnel move. No one was going to take on his contract in a trade and he was not going to help us get any further this year or next.

Top Bottom