sbk92

Reaction score
TYLER AZZARO - SLATINGTON, PA: If Jay Ratliff was constantly double teamed, why weren't the players around him more effective?

Rob: Good question. The argument always seems to be, 3-4 ends can't be big-time pass rushers. Schematically, some of that is true. But the defensive ends just didn't seem to make teams pay for doubling Ratliff. That's why Nick Fairley or Cameron Jordan would have made sense in the first round, too - an athletic end with some versatility that can get after the quarterback.

Nick: Great question. That's the real problem. They need to get some defensive ends who can make more plays. And it's also the middle linebackers as well. Those guys are supposed to fly around the ball if the defensive tackles are getting doubled as much as Ratliff did last year. Not sure if that question was a dig at Ratliff's supporting cast or at Ratliff himself, but the way I see it, he needs some help around him.

RICK THOMPKINS - WASHINGTON, DC: That Andre Gurode was named one of the top 100 players in the game (No. 57) by the NFL Network's poll of the players themselves was surprising, but obviously they think more of him than fans and analysts, thus he's underrated. We know the two remaining Cowboys on the list are Jason Witten and DeMarcus Ware. Fine. But going outside this list, who is the most underrated Cowboy not picked for the top 100?

Rob: I don't think anyone got left off unfairly, and was very surprised to see Gurode ranked that high. Dez Bryant is on track for the top 100 if he can stay healthy and round out his game.

Nick: Yes, I was very surprised with that as well. That being said, I'm not sure anyone else really got snubbed. I couldn't believe Gurode made it at all, much less at No. 57. I think if you're talking about pure talent, then Dez Bryant should get some consideration. Had he played the last four games and continued making highlight plays, he might have had a shot to get in there on this list. Other than that, I can't see anyone else who should feel left out.

Top Bottom