Reaction score
Madden looks good this year finally they started 2 adress the franchise issues and as far as gameplay the demo looks pretty good.

Hopefully gamestop has a tourney at buffalo wild wings so I can bust some ass Lol

Reaction score
Madden looks good this year finally they started 2 adress the franchise issues and as far as gameplay the demo looks pretty good.

Hopefully gamestop has a tourney at buffalo wild wings so I can bust some ass Lol

Does eating chicken wings make you gassy?

Reaction score
One of the things that always pissed me off in franchise was how idiotic the CPU controlled teams would draft.

A few seasons back, I was doing a franchise with the Dolphins, so I kept pretty good track of how the rest of the AFC East was doing in the draft. There was a 3 year stretch when the Bills signed a top flight QB (Don't remember who, Peyton I think), then preceeded to draft a 1st round QB two years in a row. They had 5 or 6 quarterbacks on the roster at one point.

Reaction score
One of the things that always pissed me off in franchise was how idiotic the CPU controlled teams would draft.

A few seasons back, I was doing a franchise with the Dolphins, so I kept pretty good track of how the rest of the AFC East was doing in the draft. There was a 3 year stretch when the Bills signed a top flight QB (Don't remember who, Peyton I think), then preceeded to draft a 1st round QB two years in a row. They had 5 or 6 quarterbacks on the roster at one point.

I have the same complaint. And I was going to mention the back to back drafting of QB's as well.

Another issue is that some positions run out of draftable players by the fourth round or so.

Also, the scouting of players suck. I haven't played in years, but wasn't it something like you could only get information on 5 players at a time and then you'd just get a small blurb like "He has hands for the next level. Will catch the ball in traffic" or something generic like that.

I mean, with the draft being as popular as it is, you'd think they'd place a much higher emphasis on it.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have the same complaint. And I was going to mention the back to back drafting of QB's as well.

Another issue is that some positions run out of draftable players by the fourth round or so.

Also, the scouting of players suck. I haven't played in years, but wasn't it something like you could only get information on 5 players at a time and then you'd just get a small blurb like "He has hands for the next level. Will catch the ball in traffic" or something generic like that.

I mean, with the draft being as popular as it is, you'd think they'd place a much higher emphasis on it.

They always have like 3 Fullbacks with 1st round grades. Ummm, when is the last time a fullback went in the 1st round EA?

After looking at the supposed Cowboys Madden roster I see that I will be a trading fool when I start my Franchise.

Reaction score
I didn't play Madden last year, but the year before. I found a guy on a forum that had gone through all 30 years of the draft and wrote down the actual ratings for players, and what draft year they were in. I just started using that. Cheating yes, but it beat the hell out of drafting a WR in the 1st round who had a high grade only to get a player with a 52 rating.

Reaction score
I didn't play Madden last year, but the year before. I found a guy on a forum that had gone through all 30 years of the draft and wrote down the actual ratings for players, and what draft year they were in. I just started using that. Cheating yes, but it beat the hell out of drafting a WR in the 1st round who had a high grade only to get a player with a 52 rating.

Don't they have different classes for each Madden year?

In other words... that list you got 2 years ago wouldn't work for the new Madden, right?

Reaction score
Don't they have different classes for each Madden year?

In other words... that list you got 2 years ago wouldn't work for the new Madden, right?

No, they create new players for each year. I guarantee someone with a shit ton of free time will do the same thing for this years class, though.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I always import the class from NCAA so they are usually the college stars we are already aware of, at least for the first 4 drafts. The only issue is that they will have a guy who is a star in college, (Tebow, West Virginia QB Pat White) rated way too high in the draft and be instant stars in the next NFL season.

The one thing I do that could be considered cheating is at the trade deadline, I swap 1st round picks with a horrible team. Last year, in season 2 I think, I ended up with the #1 overall and took Patrick Peterson. He was rated extremely high but pretty much ruined my salary cap.

Top Bottom