C

Cr122

MacMahon - Tony Romo: Dez Bryant doesn't need preseason

Tony Romo: Dez Bryant doesn't need preseason
August, 18, 2010

By Tim MacMahon

OXNARD, Calif. – Tony Romo wants some preseason reps with Dez Bryant, but he doesn’t consider it a requirement for the rookie receiver.

“I think it would definitely be a positive” Romo said. “I practice at a tempo like it’s a game and I’m out here anyway. If he’s out here in the practice field, if that’s all we can get, that will be enough as well just because the tempo will still be like that from my perspective. Dez is a hard worker. He’ll have the same speed and tempo we would have in a game.”

Romo said he has a “pretty good feel” for Bryant after working with him during spring workouts and the first week of training camp. Romo praised Bryant’s instincts and route-running ability.

But Romo has said that the little things, such as adjusting routes based on the coverage, that will determine how much of an impact Bryant will make as a rookie. Those aren’t things Bryant can develop by sitting in the meeting room.

“You’ve got to be out here,” Romo said. “That’s part of it is just going through the experiences like any player. He’s going to go through that. He had a lot of time. He had a lot of work in. He corrected a lot of mistakes pretty quickly there. But there’s still things we’re going to continue to work on. He’s got a bright future ahead of him.”
---------

Reaction score
Missing pre-season doesn't help, but Bryant will have a major impact on our offense even without it.

sbk92

Reaction score
It's hard to do, but Crabtree looked pretty good last year missing all that time.

C

Cr122

The guy has talent, he's going to make some amazing plays for us regardless.

Top Bottom