C

Cr122

Patrick Crayton, headhunting snapper?
August, 17, 2010

By Tim MacMahon

OXNARD, Calif. – Patrick Crayton is wise enough to know that the more he can do, the better his chances are of having a job.

That's why he worked at long snapper Monday.

Crayton certainly isn't a threat to bump L.P. Ladouceur off the roster. But he can be an insurance policy as a long snapper, too.

But isn't Crayton a bit small to deal with the big guys in the trenches?

"Hey, man, it’s not the size of the dog," Crayton said. "Don’t worry about that. I can hold my own in there, even if I got to hold. Because the refs don’t call holding in those trenches much."

Crayton preferred to look at it another way. He pointed out that he could cause problems for typical punt return blocking schemes.

"The thing is I’d be an extra gunner almost," Crayton said. "The snapper, you just leave him alone. You can’t really leave me alone. If you let me go, I’m headhunting."

Reaction score
As a long snapper? Eh.

I always thought we should've given him a shot as a holder for field goals and extra points. If, for nothing else, the occasional gimmick play where he could throw the ball.

C

Cr122

As a long snapper? Eh.

I always thought we should've given him a shot as a holder for field goals and extra points. If, for nothing else, the occasional gimmick play where he could throw the ball.

That's one way to keep an extra receiver on the team.

Top Bottom