C

Cr122

MacMahon: Martellus Bennett might not play Sunday

Martellus Bennett might not play Sunday
August, 6, 2010

By Tim MacMahon
SAN ANTONIO – The Cowboys are considering not playing tight end Martellus Bennett in Sunday’s Hall of Fame Game.

Bennett hasn’t missed a practice since coming off the nonfootball injury list July 30, but his ankle could benefit from having the weekend off.

Bennett didn’t participate in the first six days of training camp due to a sprained ankle suffered during an unsupervised workout at Valley Ranch. He said he suffered the injury while working on catching jump balls.

Although Bennett performed well after being cleared to practice, his ankle isn’t completely healthy. He is having problems planting and cutting. If he doesn’t play Sunday, he can essentially get four consecutive days off since today’s practice was walkthrough. The Cowboys’ two practices next week between preseason games also won’t be strenuous workouts.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
Then don't play him. He's still number 2 going into the season when games count. He's a 2 year vet and while he does have a lot to prove this year. Throwing him out in preseason games when we can just use the time to eval Phillips some more or Sicko I'm all for it.

C

Cr122

Then don't play him. He's still number 2 going into the season when games count. He's a 2 year vet and while he does have a lot to prove this year. Throwing him out in preseason games when we can just use the time to eval Phillips some more or Sicko I'm all for it.

I know we will hold onto Phillips for sure, but it's going to be a shame to see Sicko go, I like that guy.

Top Bottom