C

Cr122

MacMahon: Marc Colombo never complained

Marc Colombo never complained
August, 17, 2010

By Tim MacMahon

OXNARD, Calif. – The Cowboys' medical staff didn't learn of Marc Colombo's sore knee from the right tackle. They got the word from Andre Gurode.

"He wouldn't say a word," Jerry Jones said of Colombo.

After Gurode informed the trainers that Colombo was dealing with serious pain, they soon determined that he had loose particles in his right knee. He was sent back to Dallas for an MRI, which identified five loose particles that were removed during an operation Monday afternoon.

Colombo is expected to be sidelined for 10-14 days. The Cowboys have no doubt that he'll start at right tackle Sept. 12 against the Redskins.

"I’m not worried about him getting ready to play," offensive line coach Hudson Houck said.

Reaction score
"I’m not worried about him getting ready to play," offensive line coach Hudson Houck said.

This is very good news.

My only hope is that he returns to his pre-broken fibula form. The guy has had a number of serious leg injuries in his career.

C

Cr122

This is very good news.

My only hope is that he returns to his pre-broken fibula form. The guy has had a number of serious leg injuries in his career.

See, that's what I'm saying, get back to full health. That's the Colombo I want.

But he might not get back to that form, because he's always experienced an injury here or there. And being 31 his age is going to be a factor.

Top Bottom