C

Cr122

David Buehler 'a little upset with myself'
August, 8, 2010

By Tim MacMahon

CANTON, Ohio – David Buehler wasn’t pleased with his preseason debut as the Cowboys’ placekicker.

Buehler made field goals from 20, 23 and 34 yards. But he was mad that he missed a 49-yard attempt, hooking the kick way wide left.

“I was just a little too quick getting there,” Buehler said. “I’m a little upset with myself. I’ve got to make those. I’ve got to make any one they put me out to kick. I expect to make them all.”

The Cowboys want to keep only one kicker this season and will give Buehler every opportunity to prove he can handle field goals as well as kickoffs. He’s the only kicker on the roster right now and has had an encouraging training camp so far, hitting 33-of-38 attempts at the Alamodome after working all offseason on his mechanics and mindset with ex-Cowboys kicker Chris Boniol.

Special teams coach Joe DeCamillis considered Sunday night’s performance another step in the right direction for Buehler despite the miss.

“I’m pleased,” DeCamillis said. “I know he’s got work to do. He missed the long one. You’d like to make that, but that’s a tough field goal. I was pleased with the way his technique looked. I liked the way he handled things. I was impressed with how smooth he was. He was in good shape.

“Hopefully we get some work going in the next few games and make a decision.”
----

DeCamillis is out of his mind. That FG may have been "tough" but he missed badly. It wasn't an "aw shucks" moment. It was a horrible attempt.

Top Bottom