Slatemosphere

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I can't help but look at the 49ers success and see how the Cowboys could learn from their philosophy. They've poured a lot of their resources into their O-line over the past 3 or so years and it's paying dividends in the short and long term. There were some that were not impressed with them drafting Anthony Davis and Mike Iupati in the first but it's hard not to see the success it's giving them.

Their dominant Dline is also a reason they are doing so well. I can only hope and pray that Jerry sees how games are won with the Oline and a strong Dline. There isn't a person in the world who would take their skill players over ours, but they still have 13 wins and a #2 seed while our great receivers and RB's are at home.

We have the cap space and draft picks to transform this team into a powerhouse.

Sign Carl Nicks. Make him the highest paid guard. I don't care. He would do absolute wonders.

Draft Decastro in the first round. Solidify that other guard spot.

Trade back and take Konz(if he's cleared healthy) in the first and solidify the Center position.

Smith-Nicks-Konz-Decastro-Free

All of them are 27 years old or younger. The secondary needs work but you can get by in the NFL with a great offense and dominant front 7.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I like the plan. This offensive line has been a complete joke thanks to years and years of drafting fuck ups.

The only problem is.

Dallas doesn't have a dominant front 7.

They have 2 players who can be relied upon on a weekly basis. Ware and Lee. Ratliff is almost there but he looked a little banged up at times this season, especially down the stretch.

Cut Newman's ass and some other fat contracts out there. Rebuild the lines up front and then start working on the other positions.

Like you said, at least a dominant offense can keep you in any game.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
When the Niners do something for more than 1 year out of 10, then I could see using them as an example of success.

I could see them being a 6-10 type team next yr and honestly wouldnt be all that surprised.

Reaction score
When the Niners do something for more than 1 year out of 10, then I could see using them as an example of success.

I could see them being a 6-10 type team next yr and honestly wouldnt be all that surprised.

I really doubt it. They have good leadership now and I think that franchise is going to be good for a long time. That division is getting tougher, but the Niners will too.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I really doubt it. They have good leadership now and I think that franchise is going to be good for a long time. That division is getting tougher, but the Niners will too.

I think you said the exact same thing 3 years ago, before this yr they werent very good

I do like Harbaugh as a coach though, and he seems to have assembled a good staff.

Reaction score
I think you said the exact same thing 3 years ago, before this yr they werent very good

I do like Harbaugh as a coach though, and he seems to have assembled a good staff.

You remember what I said 3 years ago? Stalk much? I don't even remember that, but if my #1 fan says so, then I trust you.

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if this is just a one year wonder for the 49ers. Alot of it has to do with the fact they have 10-11 guys taken in the top 12 of the first round on their roster, and that doesn't even count the other first rounders and high picks they have that they've hit on.
But then throw in Harbaugh and he's done wonders this first year. I don't foresee them just being a blip on the radar and then vanishing.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score

The fucked up thing about this is that for as bad as they have been since 2001, they've only averaged 1 less win than Dallas in that time span.

And over the last 4 years.......SAME NUMBER OF WINS.

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if this is just a one year wonder for the 49ers. Alot of it has to do with the fact they have 10-11 guys taken in the top 12 of the first round on their roster, and that doesn't even count the other first rounders and high picks they have that they've hit on.
But then throw in Harbaugh and he's done wonders this first year. I don't foresee them just being a blip on the radar and then vanishing.

This, and the fact that they now have a coaching staff capable of milking talent out of players like Carlos Rogers.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
The 9ers are stacked on D and like SLATE said, they have a good group to protect their QB and help engineer a good running game. They are only a couple of pieces on O away from putting up a sustained run.

We'll have to see how they do in the playoffs this year, because if they do well there, for us to get to the point where we have that type of season, even though it would be only one out of so many ruts, it would be worth it. I mean, who wouldn't like the thought of us being a great regular season and playoff team for at least a year? It sure beats out being a great regular season team and them becoming an NFL playoff history first, and an infamous one at that, like we were in '07.

Now I'm not saying that should be the goal for us, but it would be dumb to just look at it and go, "well, it's only been a year" like dbair over here is doing.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This, and the fact that they now have a coaching staff capable of milking talent out of players like Carlos Rogers.

Carlos Rogers was drafted very high wasnt he? It isnt like the guy couldnt play.

His biggest problem was other than this yr, he coulkdnt catch a cold in Alaska when it came to holding onto ints.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Carlos Rogers was drafted very high wasnt he? It isnt like the guy couldnt play.

His biggest problem was other than this yr, he coulkdnt catch a cold in Alaska when it came to holding onto ints.

Redskin fans used to call him brick hands because he couldn't intercept passes. He had 6 this year.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

BINGO! The Rams were supposed to be the biggest thing in that division this year. Then what happened? With that said, I agree with the OP on liking how the 49ers went about with their Oline. I hope we do similar in drafting DeCastro. Smith was a great first step.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The fucked up thing about this is that for as bad as they have been since 2001, they've only averaged 1 less win than Dallas in that time span.

And over the last 4 years.......SAME NUMBER OF WINS.

Isnt this the first time SF has been in the playoffs since 2001 or 2002?

We've at least been the playoffs alot more than that, and were close several other seasons.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Redskin fans used to call him brick hands because he couldn't intercept passes. He had 6 this year.

I think that had more to do with a change of scenery than actual coaching. Wouldn't your outlook and play become better if you got out of that shithole?

Top Bottom