d0821rg3.jpg

RG3 won’t ‘Belichick it’ when it comes to speaking his mind

Posted by Laces Out Crew on August 21st, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Never shy of the camera, Robert Griffin III has taken his lumps for being too candid at times. Don’t worry, the Redskins quarterback won’t be changing anytime soon.

Although he’s received some backlash for speaking his mind too often, he’s decided to be who he is in front of the camera.

“I sat down and talked to a few people to make a decision: ‘Do I stop being who I am, stop being honest with you guys and give you guys ammunition to turn against this team, or do I just go into a shell and Bill Belichick it all week?’” Griffin said. “I’m just going to continue to be who I am. And if something like that does happen, you make the statement to make sure everybody gets its clear. But I don’t think I can change who I am just because people are going to take my words and put them against me.”

Griffin, who has expressed interest in playing in the preseason, has been told by his head coach Mike Shanahan he won’t be playing at least until the regular season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles on Sept. 9. The public disagreement was finally put to rest when Griffin called his own press conference to say there is no rift between the two.

We’re always looking forward to hearing Griffin’s opinion as he has a unique perspective. And according to his Twitter account, his followers don’t mind either.

I am SOoooo sick & tired of all the Sportcasters on TV & other media & all the Skins fans dropping to their knees (like they want to publicly blow him) when giving praise to this clown. :puke

Last edited:
He's the first player in a long time who I really wish would suffer a career ending injury as soon as possible so these people stop publicly fellating him at every turn.

He's the first player in a long time who I really wish would suffer a career ending injury as soon as possible so these people stop publicly fellating him at every turn.

Honestly, I've had 'fleeting' thoughts of that at times myself.

I try to show respect for all persons, but he just annoys me to no end.

Its one of the few subjects I have trouble not showing that destructive emotion we call 'Hate'.

Top Bottom
We've logged Hit Counter by Digits Visitors since 2018.