Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This is actually from last year. I wanted to know where they graded Matt Johnson so I could compare it to a year later when they haven't even seen the guy on the field yet.

Anyway, listen to the question that is asked and buckle in.

"Jerry, have you ever sat up here feeling you had a bad draft and kind of put on a front"?

[video=youtube;VXsznUtsWMY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXsznUtsWMY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

My favorite part is where he says he had 3 doctors sign off that Alonzo Highsmith wouldn't play because of injuries and Jerry went ahead and traded a 2nd and a 5th rounder for him.

The actually traded a 2nd and a 3rd rounder but whatever. That's not irresponsible by the way.....just taking a risk.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry didn't trade for anybody from 1989-1993. Jimmy did.

Jimmy did everything here when he was HC.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Jerry didn't trade for anybody from 1989-1993. Jimmy did.

Jimmy did everything here when he was HC.

Good spot, dbair.

I knew we couldn't take Jerry at his word about this type of shit. Fucking liar trying to steal Jimmy's credit for making a horrible trade against the advice of 3 doctors.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good spot, dbair.

I knew we couldn't take Jerry at his word about this type of shit. Fucking liar trying to steal Jimmy's credit for making a horrible trade against

I'll take it. You can't be in this business and be as successful as Jimmy was and not miss on some trades. It happens but I give that GM/HC the benefit of the doubt. It's earned. Unlike this dolt who has earned nothing....not a fucking thing.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good spot, dbair.

I knew we couldn't take Jerry at his word about this type of shit. Fucking liar trying to steal Jimmy's credit for making a horrible trade against the advice of 3 doctors.

It was a bad trade, but I feel a lot better about Jimmy's decisions (good or bad) than Jerry's

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Highsmith deal wasn't even Jimmy's worst move either.

I think he traded 5 picks for Stan Smagala in 1990

But from 89-93, he "won" far more than he "lost"

Top Bottom