C

Cr122

Until someone comes in and figures out how to get pressure up front, our secondary will be bottom of the league. 3 of the 4 starters back there need to go.

I'm interested in fixing the worst offensive line in the league first.

Well, then do we reach and go Castonzo or Solder?

I think we can hit on offensive line in the second round.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As of now, there is no Offensive Linemen that projects to be worthy of a Top 5 pick, maybe not even Top 10.

If only there was another way to address the Offensive Line and Safety issues? What? Free Agency? Let's try that.

Just because Jerry forgot about Free Agency in 2009 doesn't mean all of you have to as well.

Last edited:
C

Cr122

Having said all of this I would take BPA in any scenario.

So if we are picking at five, then whoever is BPA, I'm taking.

C

Cr122

As of now, there is no Offensive Linemen that projects to be worthy of a Top 5 pick, maybe not even Top 10.

If only there was another way to address the Offensive Line and Safety issues? What? Free Agency? Let's try that.

Just because Jerry forgot about Free Agnecy in 2009 doesn't mean all of you have to as well.

I agree, there's guys like Mankins and Light available we could sign.

Maybe even sign a guy like Eric Weddle.

As far as top lineman, Castonzo and Solder could be gone by the 15th pick.

sbk92

Reaction score
I'd rather trade down a little, get the top T on our board and add another pick or two for a roster in serious need of depth.

If I have to stay at 6, I'm taking a difference maker like Fairley or Quinn over some whogivesashat cornerback that will never impact the defense unless he's Deion Sanders reincarnated.

Did the defense get better when Newman was drafted?.......No

Did the defense get better when Jenkins was drafted?........No

And it won't get better with Peterson either. They're not impact players. As long as the front seven isn't up to par, they don't matter.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I agree, there's guys like Mankins and Light available we could sign.

Maybe even sign a guy like Eric Weddle.

As far as top lineman, Castonzo and Solder could be gone by the 15th pick.

Agreed. My top 2 Free Agent targets would be Mankins and either Weddle or Baltimore's Dawan Landry.

Regarding the draft, I still think USC's Tyron Smith will be the top tackle drafted come draft day.

C

Cr122

I'd rather trade down a little, get the top T on our board and add another pick or two for a roster in serious need of depth.

If I have to stay at 6, I'm taking a difference maker like Fairley or Quinn over some whogivesashat cornerback that will never impact the defense unless he's Deion Sanders reincarnated.

And it won't get better with Peterson either. They're not impact players. As long as the front seven isn't up to par, they don't matter.

I understand where your going with this, who do you want replaced up front to bring more pressure?

Obviously, Spencer hasn't been that player we expected, and I'm a fan of Fairley too, so if we were to draft him, then I'd be fine with that.

Then guys like Fairley, Bowers, Quinn, Dareus would be the route to go, or make a trade? I suppose we could live with Newman another season before we draft his replacement.

C

Cr122

Agreed. My top 2 Free Agent targets would be Mankins and either Weddle or Baltimore's Dawan Landry.

Regarding the draft, I still think USC's Tyron Smith will be the top tackle drafted come draft day.

You rank Smith over Solder and Castonzo?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You rank Smith over Solder and Castonzo?

Yes, I think he will grade out higher.

Of course I'm a ridiculous USC homer but this is the wannabe scout in me talking. Plus, people I trust, who do scout for a living, have been telling me the same thing.

sbk92

Reaction score
I understand where your going with this, who do you want replaced up front to bring more pressure?

Obviously, Spencer hasn't been that player we expected, and I'm a fan of Fairley too, so if we were to draft him, then I'd be fine with that.

Then guys like Fairley, Bowers, Quinn, Dareus would be the route to go, or make a trade? I suppose we could live with Newman another season before we draft his replacement.

You have at least 4 quality 3-4 OLB edge rushers that should go in the first round. Quinn, Kerrigan, Ayers and Miller.

I don't think Bowers fits a 3-4. Too big to play LB, too small to play end. Even if he can lose some weight and show dynamite stand up pass rush skills in his personal workouts, I'd question whether he could ever cover well enough to not be a liability in the NFL in that scheme.

To me, Nick Fairley is the best defensive player in this draft and will dominate in the NFL. It's a grand slam selection if we can get him.

And then you have the OTs. One could easily work their way into the bottom half of the top 10. Probably Solder. It may not be too big of a reach, if at all, should the Cowboys take one with the 6th overall pick.

But my two favorite players in this draft are Fairley and Gabe Carimi. Who will be a steal somewhere in the 20s.

sbk92

Reaction score
Yes, I think he will grade out higher.

Of course I'm a ridiculous USC homer but this is the wannabe scout in me talking. Plus, people I trust, who do scout for a living, have been telling me the same thing.

You'd have to be a USC homer to believe that.

C

Cr122

You have at least 4 quality 3-4 OLB edge rushers that should go in the first round. Quinn, Kerrigan, Ayers and Miller.

I don't think Bowers fits a 3-4. Too big to play LB, too small to play end. Even if he can lose some weight and show dynamite stand up pass rush skills in his personal workouts, I'd question whether he could ever cover well enough to not be a liability in the NFL in that scheme.

To me, Nick Fairley is the best defensive player in this draft and will dominate in the NFL. It's a grand slam selection if we can get him.

And then you have the OTs. One could easily work their way into the bottom half of the top 10. Probably Solder. It may not be too big of a reach, if at all, should the Cowboys take one with the 6th overall pick.

But my two favorite players in this draft are Fairley and Gabe Carimi. Who will be a steal somewhere in the 20s.

Damn, if we drafted Fairley, and somehow we traded back into the end of the first round and grabbed Carimi, I would be thrilled.

C

Cr122

I have a list of about ten players I would'nt mind with our first overall selection.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I hate mocks with trades in them. Make another mock with straight picks with our current selections and then get back to me.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
How good is Peterson? I haven't watched him once.

I'm so fed up with watching Newman every week, I'd do it just so I wouldn't have to look at #41. It's a steep price for a corner, but if he is a ball hawk and anything close to Revis, I'd wouldn't be too unhappy.

Especially if a DC can come in and fix the pass rush.

I wanted an offensive lineman in the 1st and 3rd round and a ball hawking safety in the 2nd. I could live with a smart mid round corner opposite Jenkins. He'll, Scandrick has improved over the 4 or 5 weeks, maybe he can step in.

He's another Darrelle Revis. Probably more of a Nmandi Ashomooga.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Screw trading down. We need some serious blue-chippers, and they are found in the top 10 selections.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hate mocks with trades in them. Make another mock with straight picks with our current selections and then get back to me.

I know you do, that's why I did it.

I tend to agree with you because you'll see wild, extravagant trades in a lot of mocks. I included a trade in mine because I don't think Jerry will be able to help himself that close to Patrick Peterson.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
How good is Peterson? I haven't watched him once.

I'm so fed up with watching Newman every week, I'd do it just so I wouldn't have to look at #41. It's a steep price for a corner, but if he is a ball hawk and anything close to Revis, I'd wouldn't be too unhappy.

Especially if a DC can come in and fix the pass rush.

I wanted an offensive lineman in the 1st and 3rd round and a ball hawking safety in the 2nd. I could live with a smart mid round corner opposite Jenkins. He'll, Scandrick has improved over the 4 or 5 weeks, maybe he can step in.

I only want an Olineman if we trade down and not at our current spot. I'd like to have a CB like Peterson or Amukamara in the 1st and then a ball hawk safety in the 2nd, like Rahim...

Top Bottom