Reaction score
Larry Fitzgerald's future could be tied to Max Hall
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 8, 2010 1:06 PM ET

We mentioned earlier Friday that undrafted rookie Cardinals quarterback Max Hall is under unique pressure as he readies for his first NFL start.

Here's another factor to consider: Hall's success may ultimately be a huge factor in determining where Larry Fitzgerald signs his next contract.

Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic broke down the issue at length earlier in the week. Fitzgerald's contract will void after the 2011 season and the Cardinals are expected to discuss a new deal no later than this Spring.

Fitzgerald cannot be franchised or traded. He holds all the power here and the Cardinals will not want him to enter his final year without a new deal. Fitzgerald doesn't seem likely to commit if the quarterback situation in Arizona doesn't look promising.

"I don't think there is any question Larry will consider his options based on what the situation is here," Kurt Warner said. "Any player in his right mind would do that."

Reaction score
He's a stud.

I'd hate for the Redskins to get him - which I think is highly, highly likely.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's a stud.

I'd hate for the Redskins to get him - which I think is highly, highly likely.

There QB situation doesn't look any more appealing. And McNabb is in the same situation as Fitzgerald. So what do the Redskins do? Franchise McNabb?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I tell you all better hope that this doesn't happen: Fitzgerald to the Vikings with Moss.

Some of you don't know this but Fitz was born and raised up here in Minneapolis. His father---has a local radio spot, and rest of his family is still here. Firtz was the ball boy for the Cardinals for many year and is great friends with Moss.

Reaction score
There QB situation doesn't look any more appealing. And McNabb is in the same situation as Fitzgerald. So what do the Redskins do? Franchise McNabb?

Snyder is a hell of a salesman.

You don't think Snyder opening his wallet and telling McNabb they were going to pair him with Fitzgerald would entice McNabb to stay?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think the Seahawks will make a push for him, and also the Rams. Take the best player in that division and weaken an opponant at the same time. Now if it is a QB situation, I can see the Chargers trading Jackson to the Cardinals, even though it says that Fitz cannot be traded, I think that means is that he has to agree to it.

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Snyder is a hell of a salesman.

You don't think Snyder opening his wallet and telling McNabb they were going to pair him with Fitzgerald would entice McNabb to stay?

Maybe so. But all the same, the Redskins QB situation is not that much better than the Cardinals, which is the issue. I'm telling you this, if Wilf gets involved and tell Fitz: "Look, you were born and raised in Minnesota. You've been a Vikings' fan all your life and I am sure it was your boyhood dream to one day play on the team of your home town---all this while you were the Vikings' ball boy. We got Moss, Peterson, Rice---when he's healthy, and maybe we can entice Favre to coem back with that lineup."

The Vikings' situation is MUCH more appealing on all fronts than the Redskins.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Getting Moss and then possibly landing Fitzgerald will only help to strengthen Wilf's position on getting a new stadium up here for the Vikings.

That's some scary shit though: Moss, Fitzgerald, Rice---when ehalthy, Harvin, Shiancoe, and then top it off with Peterson. Probably won't matter who is the QB back there. They could get it done with T. Jackson.

Top Bottom