Reaction score
This just follows through on noticing that Elliott was half a step slow last week. Looks like he mentally checked out this week, but singling him out isn't necessary when the whole team stunk from top to bottom with the lone exception of kicker.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Looks like he has checked with Jerry and Stevie, it's ok for him to talk to him now.

LOL Probably. I bet he'll say about two words and then kiss his ass. Must be liked, after all.

And it's weird, I'm listening to David Moore talk about how Garrett addressed how Zeke's effort there isn't the way we play, etc. If you didn't listen to the presser yourself, you'd think Garrett was sounding like some hardass when the exact opposite is the case. I like Moore a lot, but this is another example of how the press always protect their Red.

BTW, I got the exact same vibe from Elliott also, even against the Giants. Just doesn't seem to have the energy and enthusiasm he did last year. Last week I thought maybe it was just that the Giants run D was so good, but this makes two weeks in a row.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yep. At first I thought he might have hit the weights hard in the off-season but then I could tell as the game went on he hit the buffet table instead. I'm also wondering if our coaches said anything to him or worked on his conditioning in the pre-season. I mean, this is really unacceptable for a guy that is the centerpiece of your offense.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep, I'm really believing he is depressed.

It's probably not hard to understand why, especially if he truly is innocent. That said, he has gotta get mentally tough and try to work through this on and off the field. The team needs him to be 2016 Zeke Elliott in the worst way

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry just defended Zeke by claiming that "lots" of players gave up on the interception. :facepalm

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Jerry just defended Zeke by claiming that "lots" of players gave up on the interception. :facepalm

Lots of players quit from the time of the opening kickoff, they seriously as a team were just totally checked out.

And EVERYONE could see it.

It's why Garrett should be shitcanned immediately. Another effort like this one last week and he has got to be gone.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
But .. but .. Red changed the culture. Players would never quit on him like they did on Wade. :rolleyes

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Just saw that on PFW. Jerry is the worst enabler ever.

I'd still pay a ton for some shrink to analyze Jerry and figure out why he's so intent on his players loving him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
But .. but .. Red changed the culture. Players would never quit on him like they did on Wade. :rolleyes

That was the ONLY thing he had going for him his entire time here, until two days ago.

Now nobody can say that anymore.

Ultimately Garrett cant motivate a flea to bite a dogs ass, and it showed up bigtime Sunday.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
and Peter King thought Jerry or Red would harshly discipline him :lol

Top Bottom