Reaction score
toddarcher
Kosier heading into locker room. Not a good sign. Add that 2 Colombo injury and line is in trouble 2 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

toddarcher
Kyle Kosier limping after Marion Barber run. Right ankle or foot. Montrae Holland replacement 3 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

C

Cr122

toddarcher
Kosier heading into locker room. Not a good sign. Add that 2 Colombo injury and line is in trouble 2 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

toddarcher
Kyle Kosier limping after Marion Barber run. Right ankle or foot. Montrae Holland replacement 3 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Dammit, we are screwed if our starters keep getting hurt.

C

Cr122

Lineman Kosier injured in practice

Posted Wednesday, Aug. 18, 2010

By CLARENCE E. HILL JR.

chill@star-telegram.com

OXNARD, Calif. — Dallas Cowboys guard Kyle Kosier was injured during Wednesday’s morning practice and taken to the locker room. No report on what the injury was at this time.

It’s the second injury this week involving an offensive lineman. Tackle Marc Colombo hurt his right knee Sunday. He had surgery to remove five loose particles from his right knee on Monday He will be sidelined at least two weeks.

If Kosier can’t return, Montrae Holland will replace him in the lineup.

The Cowboys play at San Diego Saturday in their third preseason game.

Clarence E. Hill Jr.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It sounds like it's another 2-4 week sprained knee... At least that's what's kind of being reported.

It hurts but it's not catastrophic. I'd like to see Free get some more work with Kosier before the start of the season, but hey that's how the cookie crumbles. It's also not a bad thing getting Holland out there with the first team for meaningful minutes. You never know how the season is going to evolve.

Reaction score
It sounds like it's another 2-4 week sprained knee... At least that's what's kind of being reported.

It hurts but it's not catastrophic. I'd like to see Free get some more work with Kosier before the start of the season, but hey that's how the cookie crumbles. It's also not a bad thing getting Holland out there with the first team for meaningful minutes. You never know how the season is going to evolve.

That's digging for a silver lining in this situation.

I mean, offensive line is clearly our weakest unit, and now we're taking hits before the season even starts.

While the injury itself might not be serious . . . it could linger, re-occur, prevent developed chemistry, or affect strength and conditioning.

C

Cr122

The way I see it is, we dig into our uproven depth that way. Holland should do a good job in his absence, but what's behind him? We just have too many questions after the starters.

Actually, we still have concerns with some of our starters, left tackle and right tackle.

Reaction score
BryanBroaddus

Here is what we know, Kosier has an MCL injury, MRI this afternoon, recovery time should be 4 to 6 weeks. Check out ESPN Dallas.com for info

C

Cr122

Cowboys | Kyle Kosier out 4-6 weeks

Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:29:03 -0400

Updating previous reports, Dallas Cowboys OG Kyle Kosier (knee) will miss four to six weeks because of a sprained medial collateral ligament, reports Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Owner/general manager Jerry Jones believes Kosier will be ready for the start of the season.

_____________ _____________________ _______________

Jerry is such a douche sometimes.

Kosier will not be ready for the opener Dr. Jones.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It is what it is.

Either the subs step up... Or...

Between weak drafting for the O-line and having to restock other positions, this is the hand that's been dealt.

Holland has started a lot of games in the NFL. Does he have Kosier's movement skills? Nope. Intelligence? Probably not. But the guy is a road-grader type who should be motivated now that he knows that he's it for a while. He has the power that Kosier doesn't.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Congrats Phil Costa!

You just made this football team!

I doubt the team would enter the season with a gimpy Kosier as the backup center.

Reaction score
Congrats Phil Costa!

You just made this football team!

I doubt the team would enter the season with a gimpy Kosier as the backup center.

Good point, but I actually think he had a shot anyway.

I put him down on my 53 man roster prediction.

Top Bottom