dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He's just a consultant, though. With Bradley being a Carroll disciple and Carroll being a Kiffin disciple, I'm sure there's a connection and level of respect there. This may be nothing more than a way for a young coach to pay back an older one.

The articles says he was a consultant for them earlier this year, this makes it sound like he is formally on the coaching staff now.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm not positive, but I think it may have been when Kiffin was at Arkansas and Carroll was a very young coach.

Remember when Carr asked Kiffin when he came in what they would be doing and he said to study Seattle's defense?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not positive, but I think it may have been when Kiffin was at Arkansas and Carroll was a very young coach.

Remember when Carr asked Kiffin when he came in what they would be doing and he said to study Seattle's defense?

Yep, he did

Reaction score
He's just a consultant, though. With Bradley being a Carroll disciple and Carroll being a Kiffin disciple, I'm sure there's a connection and level of respect there. This may be nothing more than a way for a young coach to pay back an older one.

Why would any sane organization want him for anything? The guy is a colossal failure. You don't see the Patriots hiring losers like that while teams like Dallas and Jax do. I think there is a correlation there. You have to look at the resume' and weed out those with "big loser" stamped on it.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Why would any sane organization want him for anything? The guy is a colossal failure. You don't see the Patriots hiring losers like that while teams like Dallas and Jax do. I think there is a correlation there. You have to look at the resume' and weed out those with "big loser" stamped on it.

I'm just saying I don't think he'll be playing a big enough role to matter one way or another.

I mean, you can't say he's a loser for his career. He's probably one of the better DCs ever. He just got too old to be a coordinator anymore. But hanging around and watching some film and giving his input if Gus asks for it won't hurt.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Monte probably just trying to relive his glory days when he was Super Bowl winning defensive coordinator and his son wasn't considered the biggest sack of shit on the planet by several different college and pro football teams and probably a large percentage of the US population.

Top Bottom