dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bright was a better owner than Jones.

~waits for some nonsense about running the team into financial distress post~

As much as Jones is hated, he is not anywhere near as bad an owner as Bum Bright was. Bright didn't give a shit whether the team won or not, and was cheap as hell.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
As much as Jones is hated, he is not anywhere near as bad an owner as Bum Bright was. Bright didn't give a shit whether the team won or not, and was cheap as hell.

If Jones cared about winning he would not have let this team go 17 years with 1 playoff win.

He would have fired his GM by now.

He is worse.

Obviously, Murchison was the better owner of the two, but Jones is the worst owner in the history of the Boys, because at least Bright sold when he realized he sucked at it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If Jones cared about winning he would not have let this team go 17 years with 1 playoff win.

He would have fired his GM by now.

He is worse.

He should, but I think we all know he wont.

But Bright put up with mediocrity as well, and Gil Brandt was actually worse at drafting his last 8-10 years with the team than Jones was. Or at the least just as bad.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jon, do you know who Bum Bright was?

dbair, do you know who Jerry Jones is? He doesn't know football from his ass. He's a disgrace and we all can't wait for him to die except you because you buy his bullshit every fucking year.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Jones is the worst owner in the history of the Boys, because at least Bright sold when he realized he sucked at it.

I don't agree with that. Bright sold because he was going broke in a quickfasthurry. No other reason. Certainly not because the team was losing. Jerry is bad, but not that bad. At least he'll spend money. Bright was stupid AND cheap.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I don't agree with that. Bright sold because he was going broke in a quickfasthurry. No other reason. Certainly not because the team was losing. Jerry is bad, but not that bad. At least he'll spend money. Bright was stupid AND cheap.

But, Bright still sold when he realized he was out of his element. Jones isn't even close to that epiphany. He should be. But, he's not so he's the worst of all of them.

He can spend all he wants (and he has gotten cheap lately) but it doesn't matter. He is still the worst owner in our history because he won't fire the one thing that has caused 17 years of failure. Bright did.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
No. Bright did not give a shit about the football side of things. If he had been losing and still making money, he would not have sold. You thinking he sold because he was out of his element is wrong. He sold because his fortune was slipping away in a hurry trying to finance the team. Just because you're living through the Jerry era and saying he's the worst, doesn't make it so. If you look at Bright's time with the team, you'll see. You don't remember it, so it's easy to sweep aside.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
No. Bright did not give a shit about the football side of things. If he had been losing and still making money, he would not have sold.

Oh, I would so love Jerry and his MFing family to feel the same way.

Make your fucking money, you inbred Arkie pieces of shit.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
No. Bright did not give a shit about the football side of things. If he had been losing and still making money, he would not have sold. You thinking he sold because he was out of his element is wrong. He sold because his fortune was slipping away in a hurry trying to finance the team. Just because you're living through the Jerry era and saying he's the worst, doesn't make it so. If you look at Bright's time with the team, you'll see. You don't remember it, so it's easy to sweep aside.

Bright was owner in my early years with the Cowboys. I do remember. I remember my Dad cussing his ass. He hated him. Bright still quit while he was ahead. And it only took him 5 years to figure it out. It has taken Jones 17 and he still has no clue it's time for him to step back.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score
Oh, I would so love Jerry and his MFing family to feel the same way.

Make your fucking money, you inbred Arkie pieces of shit.

I agree with that. Jerry could be a great owner if he'd just fire himself as GM. He's too ignorant to realize if he'd hire the right people and step back, he'd receive a ton of credit if the team was winning. Look at how much a guy like Rooney or Kraft is lauded.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Bright was owner in my early years with the Cowboys. I do remember. I remember my Dad cussing his ass. He hated him. Bright still quit while he was ahead. And it only took him 5 years to figure it out. It has taken Jones 17 and he still has no clue it's time for him to step back.

Bright was the polar opposite of Jones.

He viewed the team as an investment and if it wasn't winning, he got disgusted.

This is Jerry's personal playtoy. His extension of his ego.

Two very different owners.

NoDak

UDFA
Reaction score

Bright= pockets emptying.

Jones= pockets filling.

See the difference?

And Jerry's had some winning teams. Even after Jimmy. Bum, not so much.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Bright was the polar opposite of Jones.

He viewed the team as an investment and if it wasn't winning, he got disgusted.

This is Jerry's personal playtoy. His extension of his ego.

Two very different owners.

Yep, and we only had to deal with Bright for 5 years. Makes him the better owner in my mind.

I couldn't give one fuck about how much money the team makes. I care about winning. Jerry doesn't give on fuck about winning, he only cares about money.

Bright ducked out after 5 years because he wasn't making money. Makes him a better owner in my eyes.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Bright= pockets emptying.

Jones= pockets filling.

See the difference?

And Jerry's had some winning teams. Even after Jimmy. Bum, not so much.

See my post above. I don't give a shit about how much money he has made. And, as far as winning after Jimmy, come on, man.

Top Bottom