Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've seen it in you as well.... inbreeding?

I can't say it hasn't happened in my bloodline, at least with 1st or 2nd cousins so it's a possibility.

In any event, I was going to respond to your lunacy but Booze did me the favor. You're all over the place man.....come off the ledge.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Forget Moss. How many GM's would take Dez over Julio Jones or Beckham?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Moss had 6 straight 1000 yard seasons. Dez has 3 out of 6. I'm not arguing that Dez can't be a supreme talent. But he's just not consistent and can be taken out of games if an opposing player gets in his head. I mean, as was mentioned before, this is year #7. Debate it all you want. It is what it is.

How many games did Moss miss compared to Dez though?

This yr and his rookie yr Dez missed significant time with injuries. The only other yr he didn't get to 1000 he missed one game, and he finished that yr with 928 yds. Its likely he could have gone over the 1000 mark with that other game under his belt.

One of the reasons I suggested your logic was flawed on the "100 yds per game" statement is because you don't take in to account how many times he is actually thrown the ball. Last yr he ranked only 12th in number of times targeted (46 less than the player with the most), but he ranked 8th in receiving yds per game and 12th in total receptions. He did rank 1st in TD's though. The previous year Bryant ranked 6th in times targeted (21 fewer than the player with the most) and 13th in yds receiving (3rd in touchdowns though). 2012 he ranked 14th in times targeted (67 fewer than the player with the most and still behind Witten on our team in times targeted) but he ranked 6th in yards and 3rd again in touchdowns. In 2011 he ranked 40th in the league in times targeted (78 fewer than the player with the most and again 2nd to Witten on our team) but he ranked 29th in yds and 6th in tds.

There is no dispute he is the #1 WR here, but in 2 of his 4 full years he want even targeted the most on this team (Witten was) and in all but one yr he ranks well behind the league leaders in times targeted. This suggests one of two things, perhaps even both 1) The team doesn't do a good enough job finding ways to get Bryant the ball and/or 2) Romo has chosen to find other guys who are open in lieu of forcing him the ball more.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Love Dez like 17% of the time, but he's not all that great. He can occasionally beat single coverage, but put a safety over the top and he's worthless.

He's a ghost most of the time.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
He does disappear a lot. My thing is it is hard to pinpoint why.

I think how he is used has a huge part in it.

You can look at other top shelf WRs on his tier and some are schemed the football.

I just think he can get taken out of the games far too easily.

A very good CB, or even a good CB can get into his head and get him all out of it.

That INT return where he was not even pursuing the play and was literally in Norman's face standing there while Coleman was running it in was absolutely idiotic.

I would take another WR or two in this draft. Maybe even Treadwell early.

It is clear to me he can't be the focal WR in an offense.

I think they misjudged his character and saw what they wanted to, rather than what he is. He is not the kind of leader that handles adversity very well at all.

Yep. Dez has a safety shaded to his side 99.9% of the time, where it's a risky throw trying to get him the ball. But still he's continually sent on routes right into the gut of double coverage.

Whatever happened to throwing him a little hitch and letting him use his best asset, size and strength? We've had him run how many slants this year? Like 3.

Alexander is right, Dez is no Moss. Moss could outrun DBs because of his speed and mostly because of his long stride, Dez can't. But he's being asked to play like Moss.

Our offensive scheme is atrocious to where the players have to fit around it, and not the other way around like most of the NFL is doing nowadays.

Top Bottom