LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The past 10 years, we've used THREE 1st round draft picks on CBs. AND WE HAVE SHIT TO SHOW FOR IT. THEY WERE ALWAYS HURT!

Newman --- hamstring.

Jenkins --- shoulder.

Claiborne --- whatever the fuck!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The past 10 years, we've used THREE 1st round draft picks on CBs. AND WE HAVE SHIT TO SHOW FOR IT. THEY WERE ALWAYS HURT!

Newman --- hamstring.

Jenkins --- shoulder.

Claiborne --- whatever the fuck!

Newman was really good. Jenkins made a probowl.

Jury is still out on Claiborne, but he needs to show something this year without a doubt.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Newman was not "really good."

When he wasn't hurt he gave up a ton of plays and dropped 95% of the balls he should have intercepted.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
Newman was not "really good."

When he wasn't hurt he gave up a ton of plays and dropped 95% of the balls he should have intercepted.
Newman played damn near 16 games a season for his first 6 years.

He did drop way to many interceptions, and he was never great, but he was really good, for a while. He just never took that next step (I guess that is what happens when you draft a guy who is already 32, he is what he is).

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
It was also interesting to watch Jones work the phones. The Giants called to offer tight end Dan Campbell for a fourth-round pick, but before getting to the substance of the call, Jones said, "I'm doing just fine. Fine! And how are you doing? ... Right ... Let me tell you, you got yourselves a great player in that Jeremy Shockey. We really liked him." And when Jones was on the clock in the first round, trying to trade down, he unearthed some unexpected inside information from the Vikings. He learned that Minnesota wasn't going to take the player Dallas wanted, Roy Williams, with the next pick, which allowed the Cowboys to deal down two spots with Kansas City. As time with the Chiefs got short, there were high-pitched, nervous voices in the draft room about submitting the trade before they'd have to pass on the pick. Jones never flinched. Must be all those years of practice making oil and gas deals.
You have to give the guy credit, he is one hell of a salesman.

I would love to see him sell a used car (and preferably finance it inhouse).

Reaction score
I just cant believe you don't have faith in the process.

The G-bag nation wasTalking about this today, that the modern CB really takes around 4 years to develop. If that's the case, the question for me is what NFL cornerback would Claiborne resemble when he reaches his ceiling.

I'm thinking Terence Newman at best.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He was 25 when we drafted him. He made some plays but he gave up more big plays than he made. And he hardly ever intercepted the ball.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He was 25 because he was that much mentally slower than everyone else. Immediately a red flag goes up to 99% of GMs who have a top 5 pick.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
He was 25 because he was that much mentally slower than everyone else. Immediately a red flag goes up to 99% of GMs who have a top 5 pick.

The problem is we don't have a GM, we have a salesman wheeling and dealing as he holds court in a three ring circus. I mean hats off to the man, because he is magnificent at what he does, still just hire a fucking GM too. He has just been so scarred by jimmuh getting the credit he will never again do anything which would make it he least but possible for someone else to get the credit for any possible success.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's scared of someone else getting credit. He just will never admit he's awful at his job as GM. He thinks he's about to strike oil every year.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Broaddus said on Talkin Cowboys yesterday that Ciskowski's "demotion" was because Jerry and Stephen were tired of him standing up to them. Which is what I've heard..anyone inside the organization that questions Jerry's personnel decisions gets the boot or reassigned. Props to Ciskowski if true.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Broaddus said on Talkin Cowboys yesterday that Ciskowski's "demotion" was because Jerry and Stephen were tired of him standing up to them. Which is what I've heard..anyone inside the organization that questions Jerry's personnel decisions gets the boot or reassigned. Props to Ciskowski if true.

Why have scouts then, Jerry can do it?

Top Bottom