Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Jerry Jones did not blame Monday night’s 45-28 loss to the Chicago Bears on Dallas Cowboys defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin.

fbkiff-300x186.jpg

Cowboys defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin on the field prior to the game against the Minnesota Vikings at AT&T Stadium on Nov. 3, 2013 in Arlington, Texas (Matthew Emmons / USA TODAY Sports)

The Cowboys gave up 490 yards and 33 first downs while never forcing Chicago to punt the entire game.

But Kiffin is still the right man for the job, according to the Cowboys owner and general manager.

“He’s just got the right attitude,” Jones said Tuesday morning on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM]. “Now, to be doing what we’re doing and to fix what we’re doing, there’s nobody I’d rather have than him and Rod Marinelli. And where we are today, to get this fixed over the next, if you would, week or four or five days … ain’t nobody I’d rather have to get it fixed.

“First of all, he knows what’s happening to us better than anyone. And if there are adjustments to be made, he’s the right man for the job.”

Jones even went on to describe some of the defensive adjustments that he saw in the second half.

“We tried to put more pressure later in the game,” Jones said. “We did hurry [Bears quarterback Josh McCown] up some. That did help us in the game. We did run some equivalent to blitzes, I’m not so sure if they weren’t just stunts, but still, we did make some adjustments there later in the game.”

What is probably most surprising of all is that Jones wasn’t critical of Kiffin despite his defensive unit being manhandled by an offense that Jones didn’t think that highly of.

“This team last night was, we didn’t think the kind of team that should have been able to be that effective against us,” Jones said. “I will say this, they’re a good offensive team. The quarterback was able to get the ball to all those big receivers. That really gave us fits and changed it up for us real good.”

McCown, a backup playing in place of an injured Jay Cutler, performed like a Pro Bowler. The 34-year-old journeyman completed 75 percent of his passes for 348 yards, four touchdowns and a 141.9 QB rating.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
to get this fixed over the next, if you would, week or four or five days … ain’t nobody I’d rather have to get it fixed.

Now hand me some of that there possum and dumplings and break out a jug of white lightning.You sure do got a purty mouth.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There's no one I'd rather have fix this here defense than the one who fucked it up in the first place!!!!

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
It doesn't matter who dopey plugs into the slot. He's still going to make sure that person has to work with his own crappy player personnel decisions. Kiffen, Garrett, Pillips, Parcells. Doesn't matter who goes to Dallas, Jerry will still be there to make sure they function within his dysfunction.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No one cares outside of Lee, Ware, and Hatcher, and he only cares about a contract. You should see Brandon Carr's postgame interview. You can tell he doesn't give one fuck.

It's unreal how much this team is exactly like those awful Campo teams. If not for Romo we would be worse than those teams, IMO.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Speaking of Woodson, he said last week our talent level isn't far behind the Patriots. He said it's all about attitude and leadership.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We have no leadership outside of Romo, Dez, Lee, and Hatcher. We have a bunch of losers who just want to collect a check.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Romo, Dez, Lee, and Hatcher

Romo is too nice.

Dez is still immature. It's definitely there but he has to get past the temper tantrums.

Lee yes but he can't stay healthy long enough for anyone to take him serious.

Hatcher is all of the sudden, conveniently a leader. He was nowhere to be seen or heard a few years ago. Too little, too late.

buckup

Reaction score
So, the cover 2 relies on a rangy, althletic MLB, a solid edge rusher or dominant 3 tech DT, A fast, sure tackling WLB, physical CBs who can blitz, and smart S play.

We have one of those things.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Yeah, Woody actually gave Brady a lot of the credit for the Pats' success. Not that he's negative on Romo at all, but Brady is special.

Plus he talked a lot about how his old teams looked up to Moose and Tony Tolbert and guys like that. Not always the biggest names, but vets that had a ton of cred from their roles on the team and their work ethic.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Last night they showed a picture of our D line from Super Bowl XXX - Haley, Lett, Maryland, Tolbert. I really really miss those days.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Last night they showed a picture of our D line from Super Bowl XXX - Haley, Lett, Maryland, Tolbert. I really really miss those days.

Next year's defensive line:
demarcus-ware.jpg

L169_CIFR3b80354ba7689376ce23335003fd5223.jpg

Crawford_012913_540.jpg

59692_kn_fbc_football_09071302f-450x299.jpg

Top Bottom