SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Join me in saluting a great American on the 105th anniversary of his birth.
Of course I'm talking about the "Duke",John Wayne.
I can picture him now,drinking whiskey and kicking the shit out of some dirty commie hippies.
If Duke was alive right now,the 1st thing he'd say is "Where is my fucking skull?"
Well,Duke,either RockSlamDance or myself has it.*
Happy Birthday,Sir!

John Wayne's Real Skull?:newyear.jpg

*litigation pending

Reaction score
A real American Hero would not have "avoided" serving in WW2....

Marion Mitchell Morrison was nothing more than average actor who had influential roles awarded to him because of his immense popularity because of his larger than life image...

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score

Marion Mitchell Morrison was nothing more than average actor who had influential roles awarded to him because of his immense popularity because of his larger than life image...

lol

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I heard he liked to screw around with women behind his wifes back.

I did some work inside a house for a lady and there were several pictures of them together.

True story, amigo.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I don't know how true it is, but a family friend told my grandfather that Wayne was into some strange orgy shit.

Like just piling up with chicks and dudes. Didn't matter.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score

Will you do JFK next? I wanta hear you shit on him!!! This should be good!!!

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
How did John Wayne go from horribly overrated to insultingly underrated?

Cythim

Reaction score
I enjoy his movies but you are saluting the characters he played, not the man he actually was.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I don't understand why he's so worshipped at all. Clint Eastwood was a lot better.

Cythim

Reaction score
I don't understand why he's so worshipped at all. Clint Eastwood was a lot better.

Worshiping actors in general is dumb, but it is something Americans love to do.

Clint Eastwood was a little too much of a hard-ass in a lot of his movies.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Eastwood has better range. Wayne was pretty much limited to cowboys and soldiers.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
You can't compare the two, Eastwood came of age in the anti-hero and was the best of the genre, John Wayne played in the age of gene Autry and the singing cowboys and he redefined the genre.

Sure Eastwood was better, he was a better actor and he had much better roles. But Wayne was certainly one of the greats. Who cares if he always played John Wayne, that character was a bad ass. And it you want to see John Wayme act watch the shootist, he plays a believable old John Wayne.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
He actually only said that in two movies, and in one of those he was making fun of the first one.

Top Bottom