dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Pried the below from another board, the link also has info on it:

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2014/02/nfl_assistant_john_garrett_rep.html#incart_river

Reports are circulating that longtime NFL assistant coach John Garrett will be the next offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach at Oregon State.

Garrett, 48, spent 2013 as the receivers coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He is the brother of Dallas Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett.

Garrett played in the NFL for Cincinnati, Dallas and Buffalo and played for Mike Riley on the San Antonio Riders of the World League of American Football in 1991.

Garrett was an assistant coach at Cincinnati, Arizona, Dallas and Tampa Bay in the NFL and at the University of Virginia.

He has coached receivers, quarterbacks and tight ends as well as serving as a general offensive assistant. He has also been a pro personnel assistant and a scout.

There is also an open spot for a tight ends coach at OSU with the departure of graduate assistant Kyle DeVan to USC.

While Riley is working on filling some openings, another might pop up.

Oklahoma State has contacted offensive line coach Mike Cavanaugh about a similar opening with their staff.

Joe Wickline left Stillwater to become the new offense coordinator at Texas.

Cavanaugh could be a good fit for the Cowboys because of his coaching abilities and his experience recruiting Oklahoma for the Beavers.

Cavanaugh had a chance to go to USC last season under Lane Kiffin but stayed at OSU.

Salary level might be a factor in Cavanaugh’s decision. He was paid $238,008 in 2013, fifth on the staff behind Mike Riley, defensive coordinator Mark Banker ($490,008), special teams coach Bruce Read ($305,000) and former offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach Danny Langsdorf ($280,008).

Oklahoma State was able to pay Wickline $462,000 last year.

Freddie

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I predicted this months ago.

And I don't give a lamb's left nut if you don't believe me.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
The Garrett's are a football family, exactly like the Detmer's are a football family.

Nobodt really cares about them, and when they finally do go away, nobody will google them.

Top Bottom