touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Cowboys Ring of Honor Gallery (71 Photos)

53433307458_8e7c18ac61_o.jpg

53432236682_9fc11d626a_o.jpg

I'd like to get one of these!!!

53433321818_2aacabaf22_o.jpg

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jerry is a petty man for waiting this long. And you could tell in Jerry's speech that he rode the fence on praising Jimmy. Talked about how Jimmy inspired him.....fuck off Jerry. Jimmy gave you 3 SB's. Acknowledge that you petty narcissist.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Putting the corporate logo next to his name is just so cold and impersonal. And lacking in creativity or imagination.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Putting the corporate logo next to his name is just so cold and impersonal. And lacking in creativity or imagination
You mean the one on the video monitor? I'm not sure they can do much about that.

Its not next to his name in the Ring and thats all that matters.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Tom had the hat. Not a star. Jimmy's should have had his hair. Or something imaginative. Like maybe, three Lombardis?
Tom's Hat is one of the most iconic images in the history of the NFL. He was known as "the man in the hat" forever. It made perfect sense.

While Jimmy's hair was talked about a lot, it wasnt the same as "the man in the hat" thing, and it wasnt 29 years of seeing it.

And I give full credit Jimmy for all 3 soup bowls, but technically he wasn't here for the 3rd one.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Tom's Hat is one of the most iconic images in the history of the NFL. He was known as "the man in the hat" forever. It made perfect sense.

While Jimmy's hair was talked about a lot, it wasnt the same as "the man in the hat" thing, and it wasnt 29 years of seeing it.

And I give full credit Jimmy for all 3 soup bowls, but technically he wasn't here for the 3rd one.
Yeah, I'm just saying the star lacks luster. It's cold and impersonal. Unimaginative. Jerruh could have done better and should have. Whole thing just seemed thrown together without much thought or effort. The iconic hair in caricature would have been fantastic. Would have added pop.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just saying the star lacks luster. It's cold and impersonal. Unimaginative. Jerruh could have done better and should have. Whole thing just seemed thrown together without much thought or effort. The iconic hair in caricature would have been fantastic. Would have added pop.
Eh. You're grasping for straws buddy.

The old stadium the players had their uni numbers and they did the Hat thing because it made perfect sense.

I am embarrassed to say I don't know this (I only went to the new stadium once and it was long time ago) but do the players in the RoH still have a uni number next to them? Does Landry still have the Hat?

What I am getting at is this, is Jimmy the only one with the Star next to him? Or do the players (and Landry) also have a Star). If the answer is yes, then they did something for him. The Star represents the Cowboys, and Jimmy WAS the Cowboys from 89-93

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
do the players in the RoH still have a uni number next to them? Does Landry still have
Yes and yes.
What I am getting at is this, is Jimmy the only one with the Star next to him?
Yes.
If the answer is yes, then they did something for him. The Star represents the Cowboys, and Jimmy WAS the Cowboys from 89-93
That's one way to look at it. I don't look at it that way. It's impersonal.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
That's one way to look at it. I don't look at it that way. It's impersonal.
Like I said, you're grasping for straws then.

The only thing for him that would be "personal" would be stamping the quote "How bout them Cowboys!" next to him there, but not sure they have the room. He's a coach, a damn good one and the reason this team won 3 Super Bowls. He's in the RoH where he belongs.

Be happy about it.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Tex Schramm has the same star next to his name as well

Top Bottom