Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
JERRUH - PLEASE trade carrot top straight across for this guy!

Jim Harbaugh Rumors: Latest Speculation and News on Coach's Future with 49ers | Bleacher Report

Jim Harbaugh's future as the coach of the San Francisco 49ers has been a major topic of discussion throughout the 2014 campaign, as rumors persist that the former Stanford coach will depart the Niners after this season amidst unrest between him and the team's front office.

On Sunday, Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports added another report suggesting Harbaugh's future with the 49ers is in doubt, noting, "With a year left on his deal, the 49ers are expected to seek draft pick compensation in a trade of Harbaugh should he go the NFL route, while several colleges will approach him as well, most notably Michigan, where he played and has strong ties."

He added, "Many around the league anticipate more of the lingering bad blood between Harbaugh and the management and ownership of the 49ers to continue to boil over in the coming weeks, particularly if this team ends up merely playing out the string in December."

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Could we possibly wind up with 'Jim Hardball' coaching 'Johnny Football?'

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
As great as it would be, he'd never work for Jerry and Jerry would never hire him.

He'll probably go to the Giants and kick our ass for the next five years.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The 49ers trying to get picks out of him makes me think he'll end up at Michigan. I was thinking the Raiders made sense (his wife doesn't want to move) but the 49ers Front Office would fleece the Raiders.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Did he take them to three straight NFC title games and a Super Bowl? Do I have that right?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Did he take them to three straight NFC title games and a Super Bowl? Do I have that right?

Yep. He's done an amazing job there.

And I thought the league made it illegal to trade coaches for picks after the Chucky to Tampa one? Did they reverse that?

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wonder what the issues are between him and the front office.......?

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They (Harbaugh and the GM) both believe they are responsible for the 49ers success.

KatzKorner

Spectator
Reaction score
The Raiders have only won one game, but that 52-0 loss 2 the Rams was embarrassing; they need a good coach, but unfortunately, Sparano isn't doing good with them either; maybe Jim Harbaugh?

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade shit for him. But that's mainly because I don't like him.. he's arrogant and whines about practically everything.

Rumor awhile back was he thinks Michigan would be a dream job... I see him taking that before agreeing to a trade.

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
Oakland...? How attractive an alternative.

135219438456267.jpg

Harbuagh would have to be on drugs to go Oakland. That franchise is entirely spastic and is the junk yard of the NFL. He'd spent time building something strong in SF; going back to the bottom with such a bad team is probably not very attractive. Unless all he cares about is money.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Oakland makes sense in that you don't have to move the family, though. Plus he can probably start off with Mariota.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No reason to draft Mariotta, Carr looks legit.

The Raiders are only in the mix because 1)his wife has been insistent that she doesn't want to leave northern California and 2)he would get to run the show there. They have a ton of cap room and they wouldn't be making the move to get Harbaugh unless they were willing to do what it takes to compete.

They could legitimately sign major free agents like Ndamukong Suh, DeMarco Murray, Brian Orakpo, Mike Iupati, and Jeremy Maclin. Yes, all of them.

If they drafted Leonard Williams of USC with that top pick they could have a loaded Rams-like D Line (Williams, Suh, Orakpo) with some talented young LB's (Mack, Moore, Burris) behind them. They'd still have some holes but I'd bet on them being competitive in the AFC.

Top Bottom