C

Cr122

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 10, 2010 9:05 PM ET
Florio discussed the chances of the Jets trading Darrelle Revis earlier Tuesday, calling it a "remote possibility" that the Jets could at least consider.

G.M. Mike Tannenbaum confirmed the team did just that.

"We've discussed that and we don't have any interest in trading the player," Tannenbaum said on ESPN 1050 Tuesday, during one the 43 media availabilities by the Jets front office over the last two days.

It's interesting the subject was broached, but a trade isn't going to happen. Someone just forgot to prep owner Woody Johnson properly for this talking point.

"We haven't made that decision, but I doubt it," Johnson said in his earlier segment on the same radio station.

The Jets need to get their stories straight if they are going play a transparent game of "hardball" with Revis, saying they are ready to move on without him.

In one interview Monday, Johnson said he didn't expect Revis back for Week One. In another interview with E:60, Johnson said he didn't expect Revis back this season at all.

This whole game is more than a little silly, but it's going to dominate headlines in New York at a time both NFL teams are trying to sell tickets like never before. There's no such thing as bad press, and Johnson is tired of being ignored.

C

Cr122

I'd love to have Revis.

I would trade Newman and a draft pick for him.

Oh wait, this isn't Madden.

Top Bottom