Reaction score
Kind of wish we took a shot at Red Bryant. One-year deal.

Clearly they need it for competition and depth if nothing else. If he's in football shape no way he doesn't pass Hayden the moment he steps onto the practice field.

I'm guessing he's ridiculously overweight and out of shape at this point though. Too bad, because he made Seattle's run defense basically impervious in 2013.

I for one am not sold on Lawrence, either. He's getting way too much credit for one play against Detroit.

That play completely changed my mind about him, and I was maybe his worst critic before then.

It takes a winner to come back so strongly, so clutch like Lawrence did. When he followed up with a sack in Green Bay I think he showed we can build with him moving forward.

Last edited:

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Thinking about the D line and the whole defense, if Hardy, Gregory, and Lawrence make up the general DE speed attack. Then Crawford, TMcClain, and Bishop are the basic DTs, then Mincey, Coleman, and Gardner are a lighter interior rush, that is really a pretty solid pass rush. Sapp and McFarland were barely 300 lbs so size wise, it is possible. Just seems like teams who have a strong running game could theoretically push around a lighter line. But if the pass rush is faster and more threatening on the ends now and also that RoMac and Lee are patrolling the LOS, doesn't that mean that the Safeties don't need to play as close to the box and can play more (turnover-based) coverage in the secondary?

Just to piggy-back off of this. Add to the fact that this Dline gets the added benefit of consistently going up against arguably THE BEST, or certainly one of the best Olines in the league in practice... that in itself should make it better --- not saying it's a strength now, but it has to count for something.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Hardy's appeal was heard yesterday and after 7 hours no conclusion was given. It's up in the air when the Cowboys will hear about it.

Reaction score
As for Gregory, Mincey said he can’t believe what kind of first step the rookie from Nebraska has so early in his career.
“He’s quick as a cat. Dude is quick and instinctive,” Mincey said of Gregory. “He might not have the most size or be the biggest guy, but he can torque his body like a rubber band. He’s like a walking human rubber band.”

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As for Gregory, Mincey said he can’t believe what kind of first step the rookie from Nebraska has so early in his career.
“He’s quick as a cat. Dude is quick and instinctive,” Mincey said of Gregory. “He might not have the most size or be the biggest guy, but he can torque his body like a rubber band. He’s like a walking human rubber band.”

He was giving Smith fits in last weeks OTAs.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Apparently the staff is really satisfied with the job Golden Cock does. They just want someone to come in on 3rd downs for him.

Top Bottom