Reaction score
What kind of conversations did you guys have with the (Doug) Free camp about his future at left tackle and a potential future move to the right side?

Jerry Jones: We basically implied and said that he would be our left tackle as we look at the '11 season. Where you start is really about all you can talk about any contract. You want an offensive lineman to be able to play multiple positions. That's ideal. Free can do that.

On the Ring of Honor:

Jerry Jones: I don't have a timeframe on that. We'll probably be making an announcement sometime in the near future. The big question is who, and we haven't decided that yet.

How likely is it that Drew Pearson is that guy?

Jerry Jones: I'd say he's about as likely as about four others. We've got guys that will end up in the NFL Hall of Fame who still aren't in our Ring of Honor. There's no problem here unless you want me to make the announcement here on our show. Can we talk about something a little more important? You want to keep it exclusive. You want to see their careers. I do believe the exclusivity is a very valuable part of our Ring of Honor.

Do you think the delay on the Cowboys Ring of Honor hurts guys' chances for consideration for Canton?

Jerry Jones: It could, and I take that into consideration.

Top Bottom