Reaction score
Jerry Jones is 'scared' of Philly this weekend.(US Presswire)
By Will Brinson

The NFC East's been a wild, wild roller-coaster ride this season with every team but the Eagles (the prohibitive preseason favorite) holding sole possession of first place at one point in time.

To wit: Two weeks ago, the Cowboys had their dreams shattered by the Giants on Sunday night ... only to have the Giants pick up the pieces and put it all back together when they folded at home against the Redskins in Week 15. Like I said, crazy. So it's no surprise that Jerry Jones is "scared" of the Eagles when they come into Dallas on Christmas Eve.

"After the butt-kicking they gave us up in Philadelphia, I'm scared," Jones said on KRLD-FM Tuesday, via Marc Sessler of NFL.com. "It's that kind of feeling. The respect turns into being afraid of what they can do to you if you have some breakdowns out there -- so you can put that 'scared' there if you want to.

"I think sometimes I know I do my best when I'm scared."

Unfortunately for Jones, he won't be playing, so however he does may not matter. (Unless in light of recent clock management issues he's decided to wire his owner's box with a line to Jason Garrett's headset.)

It will matter how his players do, though, and they also have every right to be scared. One, the Eagles crushed the Cowboys the last time they played. Two, the Eagles are pretty warm right now and still -- somehow -- in contention to win the division.

And three, a loss would give the Giants a chance to steal first place in the division back and set up a win-or-go-home matchup in New York in Week 17. If they lose that game, the biggest fear for plenty of people will be losing their jobs. And that's reason enough to be scared right now.

Top Bottom