buckup

Reaction score
ARLINGTON, Texas – Maybe Jerry Jones’ son-in-law slacked on his glasses-cleaning duty Sunday.

Got a better explanation for the Cowboys’ owner/general manager gushing about the job the Cowboys’ offensive line did in the 23-20 overtime win over the two-win Browns?

“I’m really pleased with the offensive line, as it is as we sit here right now with the win,” Jones said.

This was after Tony Romo was sacked a career-high seven times, the Cowboys averaged only 3.0 yards per carry and the Dallas offensive line was whistled for four holding penalties.

Granted, Jerry was grading on a curve due to injuries. The Cowboys had to shuffle the line due to their top two centers being sidelined, moving Mackenzy Bernadeau to center and replacing him at right guard with Derrick Dockery. Then left tackle Tyron Smith suffered a high ankle sprain in the first half, which meant that Jermey Parnell got the first significant playing time at tackle of his career.

“I’m really proud of him,” Jones said. “He got his baptism under fire.”

Parnell had two holding penalties and gave up at least one sack. You could argue that Parnell was the Cowboys’ best offensive tackle, but that’s because $32 million man Doug Free’s struggles continued.

“Our offensive line early had some guys get loose on them,” Jones said. “A guy like Doug Free turned around and came back and played stellar.”

Stellar is just a bit strong, but the Cowboys’ offensive line at least played well enough to beat the Browns.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I stand by my comments that his kids are going to force him out to pasture.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Bob, buy a plane ticket to Dallas and make like Jack Ruby.

Reaction score
Nothing but a greedy rich con artist. He is everything that is wrong with the current state of the Cowboys.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You know he's completely full of shit because if the OL was actually playing well nobody would ask him a fucking thing about it because a) they'd be tried of hearing him boast about how great things are going, and b) he'd fucking tell you how great things are going before you could ask him about it.

The fact that he's responding to questions with self-reaffirming statements is a dead giveaway that he knows he fucked up but won't admit it.

Watch his dialog on Garrett moving forward. I've already noticed he's making sure to point out all the good things and tied them to Garrett. He's a glass is half full guy. As in, half full 5 or 6 times per day because he's constantly refilling the fucking thing with booze and sucking it dry. Serious, get ready for all the sales pitch bullshit about Garrett you can handle. I'd be willing to bet if you ordered now you'd get a free "What Would Garrett Do" key chain and wristband ($40 value, pay only handling and processing fees).

I swear it's almost like he says some of this shit so he can open the paper the next morning and agree with it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
How can anyone possibly have gotten that rich, but yet be this stupid?

It just doesnt seem possible.

Top Bottom