sbk92

Reaction score
By Calvin Watkins and Ed Werder
ESPNDallas.com

The NFL lockout won't prevent Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones from going to the wedding of star quarterback Tony Romo.

At the NFL owners meetings Wednesday in Indianapolis, Jones said that he'll attend Romo's wedding Saturday in Dallas.

"I've gotten special permission," Jones said. "But more than anything, [I got the] right ticket from him and his fianceé -- Romo's wife-to-be. [It's] one of prettiest invitations I've ever seen.

"So, yes, I will be there and [I'm] proud for him. He's got the best end of this deal."

Because of the lockout, NFL teams are not allowed to speak with players or agents. However, there have been some charity events where players and coaches have crossed paths.

Technically, Jones doesn't need special permission from the league to go to Romo's wedding. Personal events and situations where team officials would interact with a player -- such as weddings, funerals, serious illnesses or medical emergencies -- don't need to be cleared through the league office.

Romo has sent out wedding invitations to all of his teammates and most, if not all, are expected to attend. Romo is marrying former television reporter Candice Crawford.

"It's going to be a fun day," Romo said earlier this week. "When you have the right one, you just know."

Top Bottom