Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Well it says his tendon stretched 6 inches and it takes about a month for each inch to heal up. So by end of regular season he should be good to go. But I wouldn't risk it. I'd give him a full year to truly heal.

edit: seems like 2 inches already unstretched or whatever before the draft.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
So, we equate graduation from college with intelligence now?

Smith's 18 score on his Wonderlic is better than Claiborne's 4, I'll give him that.

do you work at being this dense or does it come naturally?

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I just hope he doesn't have injury issues like the last reclamation LB we took in the 2nd round...

Reaction score
"Not the brightest cookie in the room," a third scout said. "Probably have to line him up. I don't know if he's a natural player but once he sees it he can find it and go get it. Now he's got the knee and he's not a very bright kid. I wouldn't touch a kid like that. I have no idea where he goes. He's off my board. He's a run and hit 'will' linebacker."

FWIW - on one of the dc.com shows this week, it was mentioned that the coaches were very impressed by Smith's ability to grasp the defense. Said Smith was a fast learner. And has leadership skills.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
If you think a guy who scores 18 on his Wonderlic isn't dense, you're dense.
if you put any cred in the wonderlic at all you are a total moron. Just look at some of the scores over the years and there is no real pattern at all to who is a smart football player and who is not.

and by the way a student at Notre Dame for several years is clearly smarter than you are

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
if you put any cred in the wonderlic at all you are a total moron. Just look at some of the scores over the years and there is no real pattern at all to who is a smart football player and who is not.
Yep, good ole Dallas has this same belief and continues to draft DUMB players and goes 8-8 for 20 years while the good teams avoid the morons. The Wonderlic isn't a genius test, it's a dumb detector.

and by the way a student at Notre Dame for several years is clearly smarter than you are
LOL

Right, just by osmosis from the hallowed halls!

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
If he can play he needs to play. Having some actual game time will go along way for him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well it says his tendon stretched 6 inches and it takes about a month for each inch to heal up. So by end of regular season he should be good to go. But I wouldn't risk it. I'd give him a full year to truly heal.

I feel the same.

Top Bottom