Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Almost all the significant injuries have been on defense.

What part of that side of the ball does Garrett have a hand in?

Sounds like Rob Ryan needs a raise.

bkeavs

UDFA
Reaction score
Almost all the significant injuries have been on defense.

What part of that side of the ball does Garrett have a hand in?

Sounds like Rob Ryan needs a raise.

Maybe not from injury but he was dealt a horrible offensive line

Reaction score
I'm basing it more on how he's got the team fighting and competing each week.

Between the injuries and the Jerry Brown death, it would've been easy for the Cowboys to get blown out in a game like many teams did yesterday.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm not on the bandwagon and probably won't ever be. I saw in the game, where Garrett reverted. For instance, the offense was having success when they didn't allow the play clock go all the way to zero, but then Garrett goes right back to allowing the clock go to zero and what happens?

We get a holding penalty, and then immediately we follow it up with a delay of game penalty. Now in between the ball being marked off for yards on that holding penalty, why wasn't a play being sent in, and the players all huddled up and ready to go? It's shit like this is what has defined this team for years with Garrett.

Then that stupid fake handoff-rollout play on 4th and 1, that was busted up for a 5 yard loss. smh. It was 4TH AND ONE FOOT---not ONE YARD, BUT A FOOT! So why not let Romo QB sneak it, and just fall forward---it's automatic? The simplest shit still continues to elude this fucker. ALL THE OTHER 31 NFL COACHES WOULD HAVE CALLED A QB SNEAK... in that situation if they had decided to go for it.

Yeah we won. Whoopee. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm tired of winning games just because we just happened to be less inept than the other team on that particular day. We're not a good team. We're a collection of talented players at key positions. But make no mistake, we are not a good team. A good team has good coaches. A good team is disciplined and focused and executes. We are none of this.

Jerry_Jones_For_Life

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If we don't make the playoffs, he still should go. Especially if a coach like Payton is available.

But if Payton resigns with the Saints then I see Garrett returning regardless.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If we don't make the playoffs, he still should go. Especially if a coach like Payton is available.

Yeah. Because for me it's too little too late. Now he wants to start coaching for his job?

But if Payton resigns with the Saints then I see Garrett returning regardless.

And this is what I'm fucking afraid of. I'd rather have Gruden.

Reaction score
Then that stupid fake handoff-rollout play on 4th and 1, that was busted up for a 5 yard loss. smh. It was 4TH AND ONE FOOT---not ONE YARD, BUT A FOOT! So why not let Romo QB sneak it, and just fall forward---it's automatic? The simplest shit still continues to elude this fucker. ALL THE OTHER 31 NFL COACHES WOULD HAVE CALLED A QB SNEAK... in that situation if they had decided to go for it.

I looked at that play again. I am not sure why Romo makes a complete stop after the fake because everyone fell for it and it was blocked up. Not only that but Witten was running wide open. I do agree, i would like the QB sneak used. Maybe they don’t feel Romo is good at it or the center doesn’t have enough power to be successful with it.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I looked at that play again. I am not sure why Romo makes a complete stop after the fake because everyone fell for it and it was blocked up. Not only that but Witten was running wide open. I do agree, i would like the QB sneak used. Maybe they don’t feel Romo is good at it or the center doesn’t have enough power to be successful with it.

Sorry, but that's bullshit. It was a FOOT---NOT A YARD. In that situation, it's not something you have to be "good" at---you just fucking fall forward. LOL. You really don't need the center to provide a push. All the center has to do is fall forward---Romo could and would push him forward. In those situations, it's automatic---they give them the first down.

Reaction score
I think they're reluctant to have Romo QB sneak it because of his previous broken collarbone.

Reaction score
I also hated that playcall.

On top of that, I hated calling back to back passes when we got first and goal from the three. Especially when one of the passes is a backshoulder throw to a guy with a broken finger.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think they're reluctant to have Romo QB sneak it because of his previous broken collarbone.

LOL. He didn't break his collarbone from running a QB sneak. In fact, he'd be less likely to break his collarbone in that situation, because no defender in that short of space and time would be able to build up any momentum--- unless they are on the Dline, they'd run smack dab into their own player before reaching Romo.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I also hated that playcall.

On top of that, I hated calling back to back passes when we got first and goal from the three. Especially when one of the passes is a backshoulder throw to a guy with a broken finger.

I hate on that Austin pass that was ruled out of bounds, as to how they didn't rush up there and hike the ball before Tomlin got a chance to challenge.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ryan is the one who deserves all the props. He's the one with all the injuries, getting guys off the street to play so well. Garrett is only missing one guy who wasn't an opening day starter.

So to me it's mostly Ryan and Romo, who is absolutely on fire right now.

Truth is, this was only about the second really well-played game of the year, after the opening day Giants game. I don't know how many great props a guy should get for two out of 14.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Romo broke his collarbone because that little gay fullback we used to have didn't block a defender who was blitzing. He also got McBriar on put on IR too because he didn't block.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I hate on that Austin pass that was ruled out of bounds, as to how they didn't rush up there and hike the ball before Tomlin got a chance to challenge.

I have no clue why they took their time to snap the ball. That was so stupid.

Reaction score
Maybe not from injury but he was dealt a horrible offensive line

Not sure if serious.

Ginger was the one who sent Gurode packing with Costa as his grand replacement plan last year. If he has input in the offense like his supporters claim, then he clearly signed off on that, and also the decision to bring in Livings and Bernadette.

Plus, it's not like we are dominating any of these games. They're all coming down to Rob's D getting crucial stops, along with Romo's ability to extend plays and overcome the playcalling.

Reaction score
Not sure if serious.

Ginger was the one who sent Gurode packing with Costa as his grand replacement plan last year. If he has input in the offense like his supporters claim, then he clearly signed off on that, and also the decision to bring in Livings and Bernadette.

Plus, it's not like we are dominating any of these games. They're all coming down to Rob's D getting crucial stops, along with Romo's ability to extend plays and overcome the playcalling.

If you are going to blame Garrett for the bad, then give him credit for the good. The offense played pretty good against the #1 defense in the league.

BTW, Gurode sucked.

Reaction score
Yeah, I was suprised we were able to run the ball. I asked my friend if the Steelers defense sucked and he said they were #1 in the league. Couldn't believe how we were able to run the ball and Romo was only sacked once.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Not ready to say that yet.

We could easily show up flat again in the first half against NO and Washington and finish 8-8 and no playoffs. Again.

I am so impressed with the job he's done over the past six games but we can't forget what he did before that and why we're in must-win mode in the first place. Win these next two, get us a division championship and your job is safe.

Top Bottom