LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys' defense took another hit.

Defensive back Jakar Hamilton has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the season for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.

Hamilton, who played in three games in his rookie season last year, will be eligible to return to the team's active roster following the Week 4 game against the Saints. He can still play in Thursday's preseason finale versus the Broncos.

Hamilton's suspension is the second that the Cowboys' secondary has endured this month, as cornerback Orlando Scandrick was also suspended four games for a PED violation earlier in August.

B.W. Webb cut.

The Dallas Cowboys didn't punish cornerback B.W. Webb after a training camp tussle that led to a fan swinging a helmet at Webb, who retaliated by shoving the fan.However, on Thursday the team did cut Webb.

Despite glaring deviancies in the secondary, the Cowboys announced they waived the 2013 fourth-round draft pick and signed running back Phillip Tanner.

Tanner's signing is likely just to add another backfield body for Thursday's game against the Denver Broncos.

Webb did not play well last season, earning just 16 tackles, one pass defensed and a plethora of blown-coverage plays. Despite getting beat often in a reserve roll last season, the Cowboys' cutting of a defensive back is troublesome.

We learned Thursday that safety Jakar Hamilton will be suspended four games for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse. That is on top of corner Orlando Scandrick's suspension for four games following a PED violation earlier in August.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Dallas needs to give up on the small school corner experiment. It's failed miserably.

Jury still out on the small school safety grab.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
4th round pick wasted once again. My dog William Gholston went 12 picks later. Bears linebacker Khaseem Greene went 3 picks later.

Joins Danny Coale, AOA, Matt Johnson, Stephen McGee, Brandon Williams, as recent 4th round disasters.

Not a round you can afford to constantly miss.

Anthony Hitchens will be different though. Most teams had him slotted as a 7th rounder/UDFA but they lack Jerry's "Gut Feelings"

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
4th round pick wasted once again. My dog William Gholston went 12 picks later. Bears linebacker Khaseem Greene went 3 picks later.

Joins Danny Coale, AOA, Matt Johnson, Stephen McGee, Brandon Williams, as recent 4th round disasters.

Not a round you can afford to constantly miss.

Anthony Hitchens will be different though. Most teams had him slotted as a 7th rounder/UDFA but they lack Jerry's "Gut Feelings"

I also wanted Gholston. And Kam Chancellor --- who actually played safety in college (Div. I) and was damn good at it and continues to be in the pros, went a FULL ROUND LATER... than the converted CB-to-safety from a college that bears the name of one state but is located in another.

Top Bottom