Reaction score
Posted by Mike Florio on August 12, 2012, 7:40 PM EDT

APIn 2011, the Eagles used a second-round pick on safety Jaiquawn Jarrett. In 2012, they could be bidding Jarrett adieu.

According to Tim McManus of PhillyMag.com, Jarrett’s rocky showing in the preseason opener against the Steelers resulted in Jarrett losing some of his second-string reps to Tom Nelson.

The move has puts Jarrett in danger of being waived.

“That’s how it rolls,” Jarrett said. “But I’m going to continue to do what I do, go out here and get better.”

Jarrett played at Temple, and he seems to be realizing that the NFL entails a slightly higher level of talent than whatever conference Temple plays in. (Annnnnnd now I’m going to get a nasty letter from Bill Cosby.)

“Every player is faster and stronger and bigger but it’s just about the technique, continue to keep working and taking better angles,” Jarrett said.

An angle he may be taking in the future entails the angle between the exit door and the spot where his car is parked.

----------

Only posting because (1) the Eagles are always mislabled as being great drafters and (2) I remember draftniks raving about this selection last year. Comparisons to Brian Dawkins were made.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Tooting my own horn, especially after you badmouthing me for Janzen Jackson, but I thought 2nd round was way too high for him. Did/do not like him at all.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Only Dallas fails in rd 2

Interesting. They are very successful in ripping teams off for their 2nd round picks (see Cards and Redskins), but then muck up those same picks themselves.

I've said it once before, two teams that I would NEVER trade for players: the Eagles and the Pats.

Those players on both teams do extremely well on their former teams but then stink it up when they go elsewhere.

Top Bottom